42: Silence and Conscience

"Hey, soldier

"Hey, soldier." That was Reese's voice. Lisa blinked her eyes several times before turning to her. She is currently preparing the antidotes for transmission. She looked at the centrifuge beeping in front of her; she didn't even notice that the blood she prepared is done. They used Jennie's blood to determine how much of the antidote is needed for her inner wolf to be resurrected. Too much of the antidote might not be good for her body especially if the transformation has been completed. She cannot even tell if it will work.

She's not even sure if Jennie will want her inner wolf back.

Out of the four of them, she was the most desperate to become a human. She hated being a werewolf. But for some reason, Kim Taehyung made her see the blessing and the beauty of being one. Nini wanted it. That's the name of Jennie's inner wolf. She met her once but she never saw her again. Jennie kept her hidden in her soul because her mother will only see it as a weakness. For someone who is constantly working for the recognition of her own mother, she'll do everything to not disappoint her.

Even if it cost to lose her soul.

Lisa feels bad about Nini. The first time she met her was when Jennie was too drunk and they sneak out of their camp for her birthday. She can tell Nini was a very cheerful werewolf who only wanted to love and to be loved. That was also the night that she knew she looks at her more than a friend. But-things just don't work out the way we wanted.

Nini was clueless about everything and then in a snap, Jennie made her sleep-for good. Lily-her inner wolf, Chu-Jisoo's inner wolf and Rose-Chaeyoung's inner wolf are all clueless about their missions. When they felt the connection built by the bugs in their heads, they really thought that those Alpha Kings are their destined mates. That is why all of them are fighting to resurface in their bodies to connect and imprint to those Alphas.

Their identities as soldiers are the ones who destroyed their being. Lisa, Jennie, Jisoo and Chaeyoung. Yes, they were the bad guys. Their innocent wolves are taken advantage of for them to fulfill their mission. Their pain and trauma is what made them agree of murdering the Alpha Kings of Seoul.

My King? Thank you so much for visiting me. I am in so much pain.

Lisa suddenly heard Lee Jieun's voice. She firmly closed her eyes and turned her cheek. She looked at Reese and ignored what she just heard. It really pains her soul to hear her voice but she has no choice. She imprinted with a werewolf who is destined to be with someone else. Now they had to share the soul of the golden king no matter what.

"Your friend, Kim Jennie is in the room with Alpha Taehyung." Reese said and looks back to the folders she has been working on. "She is-how can I say this. She's damaged."

"What?"

"She is showing symptoms of chronic depressive disorder. Well, that's what human calls it. But in our language, she is suffering from the aftermath of the broken imprint from Alpha Taehyung. And-it's pretty bad." Reese continued and sighed. "I don't really know if you can help but at least talk to her. I heard you are-uh-" She paused and made a half-smile. "-in love with her."