44: The Choice

“Lisa?”

“Lisa?”

Lisa heard Jennie’s tiny voice from the corner of the room the moment she entered in her isolation room. She saw her in those scrubs and her arms are covered with a lot of bandages. Lisa’s heart is ached in an instant as she looks at her with those dark circles under her eyes and unruly long black hair. She is also biting her nails and there are brushes of blood on them too.

“I’ll stay by the door.” She heard Mingyu said softly, reaching for her hand and squeezing it. Lisa nodded and finally made big steps to approach Jennie. She bended her knees and pulls her fingers away from her mouth. Jennie’s eyes started to water as she looks at her. As the younger werewolf watch her broken friend’s lips shake, she cannot help not to tear up too.

“Lali.” Jennie called softly, touching her cheeks and hair. “Is it really you?” She asked, roaming her eyes around. “You’re not a shadow, right?”

“Unnie.” Lisa whispered and cups her cheek. “It’s me.” She said and gave her a small smile.

Jennie smiled, her eyes squinting. Lisa missed that. Those squinting eyes and chubby cheeks. She loves stealing her with kisses on those cheeks and she’ll gag at how clingy she is. It’s just her way of pissing her off but that’s just one their love languages. She always looks so innocent but she can be very dangerous too. She was the best in every aspect in their unit. She is known as the best all-rounder in their camp. She’s on the top of academics and physical training.

A lot envied her because she is not just a pretty face. Her intelligence can intimidate others that’s why a lot hated her out of jealousy.

But she didn’t become the top soldier in their camp for nothing. Being a daughter of a Lieutenant never came on her way because she paved her own road to the top. Lisa admired how strong and intelligent she is. Her will and tenacity is beyond what she could even comprehend.

“Your unnie missed you.” She said, her eyes tearing up. “I was—so worried about you.” She continued and hiccups in her soft cries. “I’m sorry because I am supposed to look after you, kitten.”

Lisa closed her eyes, her tears finally rolling down her cheeks. She covered her face with her hands as she let herself release soft sobs. The way she calls her kitten really warms her heart. The connection that they have may not be as strong as her connection with Jungkook but she loves her. She might have a lot of confusions about her feelings for her but that doesn’t really matter, does it? We love who we want to love. Regardless of what kind of werewolf you are. Regardless of how the world understand their gender. Regardless of how love is defined by a lot of perspectives.

She loves her with all her heart and that’s what matters the most.

Jennie is the reason why she healed herself from her traumas as a child. Mingyu may have helped her too but she cannot remember any of it at this time. The friendship that she have with Jennie cannot be defined by any kind of destiny or any kind of imprint.