39: Golden

💿 Pʟᴀʏʟɪsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ: Tʀᴀᴄᴋ: AɴʏᴏɴᴇAʀᴛɪsᴛ: Jᴜsᴛɪɴ BɪᴇʙᴇʀAʟʙᴜᴍ: Jᴜsᴛɪᴄᴇ

Tʀᴀᴄᴋ: Aɴʏᴏɴᴇ
Aʀᴛɪsᴛ: Jᴜsᴛɪɴ Bɪᴇʙᴇʀ
Aʟʙᴜᴍ: Jᴜsᴛɪᴄᴇ

Lisa watched Dark bite on that apple she just picked from the tree in her indoor farm. He raised his eyebrows and continued chewing on the fruit that is harvested from her self-sustained greenhouse. They are surrounded with these trees producing different kinds of fruits which Dark has tasted its first harvest after a while since she went here. From apples, to tangerines, to grapes and peaches. There are also root crops and leafy vegetables on the other side of the greenhouse. They are all buried in this vertical garden container and are connected to a device underneath the floor to supply them with enough water.

The bulbs on the ceiling produces enough warmth for the plants to grow. In the next room, there is a machine generating clean water for the whole greenhouse. The water is also potable and Dark is also impressed about how the entire place is very well-built and she is pretty proud of it too. The whole place is just like her own self-built Rancher faction. She personally designed the entire thing to have a place where she can settle with no worries at all. She wanted her own territory in her own terms.

And after years of hard work—she finally have her own territory. She wanted her mother to see this, unfortunately that will never happen. She is so used to hiding under the sewage every full moon and knowing it will be two days from now, being in this place she purposely built under the ground is giving her that sense of security that she has been seeking for a long time.

And looking at the wonderful werewolf in front of her, that sense of security she is feeling right now became stronger. He made her feel that she is not going to get through this war alone. This is not just a war against the soldiers who are used to eliminate their kind but this is also a war within herself. The turning point she is going through is not easy. The belief system she had since she was a kid needs to be deconstructed. She has to start from scratch to rebuild another principle in her life again. For now, she believes that she choosing what is right. She is choosing the other side of the battleground to be able to genuinely save the lives of the werewolves she can.

Those giggles from the little pups in the Nurturer's faction once again came back to her. Those innocent eyes who deserves to see the beautiful things in life are tainted with misery because she was a part of that explosion happened in Busan. That conscience creeping in her soul is surely the voice of their Goddess. She wants her home. She wants her to embrace her nature, her identity being a werewolf.

The monster she created in her being ends now.

"This tastes almost the same like the ones I harvest in my Ranchers faction. I'm impressed." He said and looks around the room full of artificially farmed trees of fruits and vegetables. "Why do you have an underground farm in this place? What is it for?"