36: Destiny

Lisa gets off the motorbike and took off her helmet

Lisa gets off the motorbike and took off her helmet. She ruffled her long hair and combed it with her fingers. Her hair is awfully becoming thicker and longer. It's a part of her nature. She has been feeling a little more connected to her nature and her wolf is at her best state at this point. That is why she cannot help not to feel hurt and miserable when the werewolf she fell in love with finally knew that she is not his destined mate.

She saw it coming. And it's something that her inner wolf didn't know. She hid it from her. Her inner wolf is so clueless about it and she understands her anger. And so, when she shut her down—she cannot do anything about it. All the links are still closed even though she doesn't have the leash anymore. Lisa is giving her all the time she needed, maybe in time— her inner wolf will forgive her like how she hopes to forgive herself about the killings she did before of this happens.

She even tried calling her on her name. She's named Lily. Like the flower. It was her mom who named her and because she loves flowers, there is no surprise that even her sister is named Rosé. She doesn't usually call her on her name but when she does, it means she's really serious about something and for this matter— an apology. But she is still shutting her down, like she usually does if she's being an ass to her too. At least that's something they are similar with. They're really soulmates after all.

Due to the long ride, Dark and Lisa decided to stop by the seaside for a quick rest. Lisa can feel the confusion in Dark's mind. The choices he had to make to save his destined mate in exchange of her imprint to him. She had never seen him like this. The last time she saw him was when she's about to bury a dagger against his chest. But for some reason—she just can't. Even though she feels so furious to her bones, she cannot kill him. Killing him is like suicide. If she ends him like how she's trained to do—she's bringing herself to death too.

That's how much he means to her now. Even though it hurts her to see that he might choose his destined mate over her—she'll still going to love him hard. He is still Jeon Jungkook after all. Dark is still a part of his soul and she shouldn't look at him like a totally different werewolf. He's still the same werewolf who became so patient about her stubborn ass and the werewolf who never get tired of waiting for her consent. He may have made her kneel a couple of times and she hated every bit of it but—she didn't do any better.

She came after his head. Who was she to complain?

When Dark took off his helmet, she is suddenly washed with surprise and admiration for his hair turned blonde with black roots on it. It became a little longer too and he would really look good if he will get his hair in a ponytail. Dark noticed how she stared at him, making him look at himself at the side mirror of her bike. He smirked and brushed his hair with his hand.

"You look different." Lisa said softly, still staring at him.

"I am different." He answered briefly and gets his arm around her waist to pull her for a quick kiss. "Guk is concealed at this time. Light and I agreed to keep him asleep for the time being. Everything that is happening right now is good for him not to witness it. We don't want him to lose his innocence. We are protecting that only side of us that is pure. So—sorry, you won't be seeing that puppy in a while." He said and caressed her cheek with his fingers.