Driving to... Where?

It was only a few days later that I had a duffel bag filled with clothing, and some other little things. The explanation was that I was going to see an old friend from when I was in school, which wasn't a lie but I never said who the friend is, avoiding the question.

"Are you sure I can't come with you? I wanna meet them." Cody had been bugging me for the past three days to come with me, even though I've told him no every time.

"Cody," I turned to face my little brother, looking him in the eyes, "I hope you know that answer by now. It maybe another time, but not this trip, sorry."

"Okay, but you need to promise to tell me everything." Just when I thought I had heard everything come from him, there was always one more trick up his sleeve.

"I will. Love you Cody." I hurt me to cross my fingers behind my back as I sat down in Knock's driver's seat, but I don't think that anyone could know what I was going to do.

"Bye!"

"Bye Claire, make sure to call."

"See you sis."

It was hard to leave my family's behind again, even if it was only for a little while. Then again, I was going to see someone who had been a big part of my life just a few months ago, so it was like I was trading one family for another.

The horn of the ferry pulled me out of my thoughts, the final signal that we were departing for the main land. I smiled as I pulled my phone out to reread over the text I had gotten.

Graham must have hacked my phone because there was a different lock screen than there was yesterday. It was a family picture, a funny one at that.

A note popped up as soon as I opened my phone, reading: Don't be afraid to ask where this came from; it's a great story

A note popped up as soon as I opened my phone, reading: Don't be afraid to ask where this came from; it's a great story. We will miss you, be safe.
Love, everyone (bots included)

I laughed sadly, knowing I had so much to learn about my crazy family, and that they had so much to learn about me.

"Going for a walk, Knock. I have my phone, so call me if you need something. Might get something to eat while I'm up and about."

"Okay, I'll try not to cause any trouble." His voice was quiet, seeing as we didn't know if anyone else was around, but I still laughed at his little comment.

I walked up to the deck, that was crowded with people, mostly families or business representatives leaving the island after a visit. It was strange to see that there were people coming to the little town I called home, but then again it is a crazy place.

There was a vending machine with chips and candy it in beside one full of soda and over-priced water, so I pulled out my wallet and dug out some bills I had gotten out yesterday and bought some snacks. I wasn't super hungry now, but having some good handy would be nice later.

I ended up getting five bags of chips, a few candy bars and three bottles of water. I'm glad that there were so many families on the boat because people must have assumed that I was getting food for my family or maybe a group of friends I came to the island with.

But none of them knew who I was, not really. It had been years since I had been on the island for more than a week or two, even during the summer. The past few summers I was in Jasper, with Prime and the rest of the team, not on the island.

I missed them, despite how crazy they all were, but I was going to see one of them and that made me happy.

I couldn't wait to see Bee, no matter how crazy the adventure was going to turn out, I was going to see an old friend who meant a lot to me.