Guard Dinosaur?

It was a giant freaking Tyrannosaur Rex! I did not see that coming at all. And the one time I think things are going to be normal, Doc has a dinosaur as a guard dog.

"Do not pass, scanning for recognition." It talked, what in the world!

Cody was smiling at me, almost laughing at me, so much for the nice brother. I knew my eyes were wide open and Knockout had tightened my seatbelt, either to attempt to slow my heartbeat or to make sure I was safe.

"Logo recognized. Adding car under Burns family catagory, and sending data to Doctor Greene." Logo? Did he mean the Autobot marking on his hood? What did that have to do with the rest of my family?

"Thank you Trex. Good boy." I hadn't notice Cody get out of the car and walk up to T-Rex, but I was shocked it didn't eat him whole.

Cody saw me staring and pointed at a part of the driveway behind the dinosaur, saying, "Park there, Trex can watch over your car."

"Okay." That was all that came out of my mouth. The seatbelt around me was defiantly tighter than it has been and the seat was starting to warm up.

I parked Knockout, quietly assuring him that I would be okay. He couldn't speak, but I knew he was there for me if I needed him. Opening the door was step one, then came getting past the T-Rex.

"He won't hurt you. Trex is harmless, like a puppy almost." Cody's words made no sense, but I trusted him, so I reached up and quickly ran my hand over part of the animal's back. I was surprised that he leaned into my hand, waiting for me to repeat the motion.

I laughed a little as I continued, Trex eventually coming to nuzzle me with his nose, and I got a whiff of his breath, not very pleasant, but that was no surprise.

"Hello Cody. Welcome back Claire. I see you have meet Trex." Doc Greene was standing in the door way and what seemed to be a large garage lab.

"Quite the invention. And surprisingly sweet for something this stature." I smiled as Trex once again nudged me to make sure I was still paying attention to him. I pet him contently as Doc started up taking again.

"He sure is. And to think this all started because of one problem, well, several problems really. Trex is made with small samples of T-Rex DNA, but constructed of silicon and steal. We had to rewrite and rewire him several times, mostly after solving a problem or two." He laughed, and I saw someone come out from a door hidden from my view, making her way over to us.

"What are you laughing about dad? Hey Cody. Nice to see you again Claire." Frankie had grown up, looking so much more like her father and it seemed she was still stuck to his hip.

"We were talking about Trex and all the problems he has caused." Doc welcoming took a hug from his daughter before letting her go stand on her own, by his side of course.

"Oh goodness, there have defiantly been some of those." Frankie laughed as she remembered a few disasters.

"Cody, do you know if Graham is still planning to drop by later today? I have something that might help with what he's trying to build."

"I think so. But I'll make sure to tell him you have something for him when we get back to the Fire House, maybe he'll be awake by then."

I had my doubts that anyone was ever awake, but maybe Graham just needed a cup of coffee or a cold shower to wake him up. It seemed that everyone in the house could use a little extra rest, but being part of a rescue team does not mean much vacation time, or a good night's sleep, not when a life was on the line.