Mistake Number One

It started getting dark, and I made sure to text Dad, telling him to leave me a plate from dinner that I would eat later. He was okay with that, but he wanted me home before midnight, the same curfew I had as a high schooler.

I used my phone to play music, now laying on Knockout's shoulder. It was a slow playlist that gave me the feeling of be alone in the world, alone with a friend of course.

"Stars are coming out. Aren't they beautiful Knock?" This was something I used as something to fill the not-so-silent silence.

"They look like the headlights in a race, of course the ones behind me." I laughed, knowing plenty about Knockout's past and how much he loved racing, one of the reasons he chose to be a car.

"Of course because Knockout doesn't lose." He started laughing too, I knew it would get him.

We sat there for a little while more before one of us spoke, "Claire. Look! A shooting star!"

Knock sounded like a little boy, excited about something so small, but so big in his mind. I loved when he was like this, and I know he liked when I was like that. This was our way of being the children we never really got to be.

I watched as the star fell, knowing that it wasn't going to make it trough the atmosphere, and if it did, it wouldn't be more than a grain of sand. It seemed to be coming to Griffin Rock, somewhere near the mountain.

"Wanna go see if we can find it when it lands?" Adventure was something we both liked and I knew that Knock would never say no.

"Yeah!" I got down from my perch on his shoulder, then into his driver's seat and off we went. Most of it was trails barley big enough for Knockout to fit on, and at some points he had to transform and walk with me because the path was too slim or overgrown.

We finally got close and it was something strange to see. There was visible smoke lines, green in color and some looked yellowish. The rock itself looked normal for an asteroid, aside for the small lines of yellow running through it.

"Interesting. What do you think it is?" I walked closer, but a hand stopped me.

"Something we shouldn't touch. It reminds me of something Ratchet once talked about with Bee, and from what I remember, it was nothing good." I furrowed my brow, trying to remember that conversation, but I couldn't.

We drove back, it was about 10:30 and I had fallen asleep after we went back to the beach. And I knew that it was Dad's night to cook and he made good food.

We came to a stop sign and Knock stopped, but didn't start back up. I could feel the engine almost stop, but I put my foot on the break petal to signal that gas was still needed.

"Knockout? Are you okay?" I had never felt this happen, this had never happened. I could feel my heart starting to race, not a good thing.

"I can't move. You're gonna have to drive." Knock sounded scared, something that didn't happen often.

It was so weird driving Knockout. And the worst part was that I could feel my breathing starting to pick up and my heart starting to race.

Dani was downstairs when I pulled in, but I didn't see her, I was to lost in my thoughts.

"Do we have a way to reach Ratchet? Or someone from Team Prime?" I waited for a reply, and waited. It had to have been at least five minutes of me staring uncomfortable at the Autobot in front of me.

"Knockout! Did you hear me? Knockout!" Nothing, absolutely nothing.

"Knockout! You're starting to scare me! Please reply!"