This Is Gonna Be... Wierd?

I stayed with the boys for a little while more, wanting to not have to face my family. They understood and we traded stories of adventures and mistakes. Blades when crazy when we told them about Bee, and we learned that he was a huge fan.

My phone vibrated and it was text from Dani saying that breakfast was ready and everyone was almost ready, they were waiting on Kade as well.

"Sorry to say, time for breakfast. Let's hope Dani didn't make it." Knockout let me down and I passed the rescue team waving.

"Don't worry, Chief doesn't let her make it anymore. This was after she almost set the kitchen on fire with toast." Chase was happy to provide information, it seemed that he was able to categorize facts and use the knowledge to make decisions.

"That would make sense." I laughed the sentence out, waving once more before the elevator's door closed. I wish I could have stayed there all day, just talking, learning and laughing with aliens.

The table was almost full and I slipped into my chair with a smile from Dad. I think he knew why I ran downstairs this morning, but it seemed like he knew everything, so maybe not?

"Who wants to wake up Kade?" I never knew that that was an option!

"I'll do it." Hope I didn't sound to excited, but after having to wake up the same roommates for almost two years, I wanted to see how Kade would react.

A nod of approval and I was on my way up to Kade's room. I still remember the toy fire trucks and the plastic fire hats that he kept scattered around his room, dreaming of being a fire fighter. Now it was just a dark room where I hoped I wasn't stepping in anything because I couldn't see.

"Rise and shine brother! Time to get your lazy butt out of bed!" I knew what worked, I had been doing this for two years.

"Five more minutes." Kade mumbled into his pillow. I could see the outline of his messy hair and the sheets had been all turned around during the night.

"Nope. Breakfast is ready, so hurry up." I was stern, but I didn't yell this time. If you always yelled at someone, they're not going to like you very much, learned that one with Ultra Magnus. I still don't like him very much.

Kade mumbled and I saw him get out of bed, partly wrapped in the covers. I moved out of the room, closing the door to give him some privacy, not wanting to get in the way of his morning routine.

When he came downstairs I was back in my seat already. He had no idea who woke him up, probably not even caring as long as he got food.

The conversation started up and I joined in happily. There was talk about today's plans, Mrs. Neederlander's cat and how it got stuck in so many trees and several other things. The whole time I was trying to find a good point to get information out of my family, but they never did.

I was helping with the dishes when I felt bold enough to outright ask Dad about it, "So, when did you guys get the Rescue Bots?"

"Some time now. They have been an amazing asset for the team." I smiled seeing how easy Dad could work around a question, years of practice from Huxley and his bugging.

"Their kind is fascinating. How they can learn so much and how they are so similar to humans, it's incredible." I was just letting my thoughts come out of my mouth. And Dad looked like he saw a ghost, but he recovered quick and was able to pull himself back together.

"How do you know?" He seemed so calm, something I expected because he was always calm and collected, on the outside.

"I may have worked with a few in the past. Actually, I'm helping one right now. His name is Knockout and he's downstairs." I thought about what I said and realized what telling him about Knock meant: I had just admitted to bring a boy home.