M̶i̶s̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ Solution Number Two

A/N: Just a warning, there is an anxiety attack in this chapter, and if this kind of stuff isn't something you want or shouldn't read, please skip over this chapter, I'll make sure to put a small summary in the next part. Thanks.
     ~ Rayne

Knockout! Did you hear me? Knockout!" Nothing, absolutely nothing.

"Knockout! You're starting to scare me! Please reply!"

I could feel my breathing starting to become uneven and heavy. My hands started shaking and I start holding them together in order to keep anyone from seeing. I wanted to curl up into a ball and cry, but I knew, somewhere in my mind, that I couldn't do that right now.

"Knockout! Please! You're scaring me! Please!" It felt like I was starting to shout, and maybe I was, I just couldn't tell.

"Knockout?" My voice fell quiet as I felt a tear slide down my face. I couldn't think; I couldn't breathe right.

Suddenly I felt arms around me, putting pressure on my chest and slowly guiding me away from the frozen car. I grabbed their arms with my snarking hands, clinging to something else in hopes that it would help me.

"Shhh, everything's okay. Just breathe. Think of home, and all the warmth of home." I could hear her words, but when I tried to follow them, but things got harder because not everything was alright.

"Blade, can you tell Dad to come down please?" No! That was the last thing I needed, another person to see my suffering.

"No. I'm fine." I was able to get to words out by some miracle. It was getting harder to breathe and think straight.

"It's okay. Dad knows how to help better than I do. It's okay. Just breathe and think happy thoughts. It's okay Claire." I couldn't focus on the words or my surroundings, tears and anxiety were blurring everything into a mess.

"Dani, what's... oh goodness." A new voice, one that sounded so warm and so much like home.

"She's getting worse, I don't know what else's to do." I could feel the grip around me loosen, but I still cling to their arms like they were the only things keeping me safe.

"Okay. Let's sit down. Have her back on my chest. If you could grab a cold cloth or two that would be amazing." I felt new arms lead me down to the cold floor, but warmth behind me gave me something to anchor to.

They put their hands over my chest, trying to slow my heartbeat. They also lifted my legs a little bit, trying to make sure that I proper blood circulation. I hit my worst point, balling my eyes out and gasping for air.

"Shhh. Everything will be okay. Shhh, shhh." I felt myself start rocking back and forth, like when I was out of Dad's boat with him fishing.

I felt something cold placed on my forehead and over my shaking hands came something cold and damp. It felt good, but it wasn't going to get me out of this. My anxiety had control of me and the only way out was to let it run it's course, and whoever was holding me knew that too.

It finally slowed down. I was starting to breathe again, taking in air in deep breaths that slowed my heart. I wasn't crying anymore, just had the tear stains left to cover up.

"Better now?" I now could tell that the voice was in fact my dad's and that's why I had been able to connect it to home.

"Yeah." I sighed, breathing a sigh that was still a little shaky. I could see my hands still shaking under the washcloth they were hidden under, but was much better than before.

"Good." We stayed like we were for another minute or two, letting my breathing return to normal and my hands stop shaking.

"Thank you." I whisper, not really wanting to leave this moment, but knowing that Knockout needed help.

"Of course. I thought there was something there, even when you were younger." My dad was a smart man, but I thought I had hid my secret well enough, but he was able to figure it out in less than a week of me being home.

"Really?" I had to know his secret! Darn my curious mind, it could get me in so much trouble.

"Yup. Every time you asked me to drive you out to the beach or to Blossom Vale, and seeing that you still do that. I knew there was something, and after seeing your hands shaking when you talked about Knockout and him being here, I knew it was anxiety."

"Yeah, it seems that's what it is." The towel from my hands was moved and we slowly stood up. It ended our conversation and made everything better. It seemed that this one mistake turned into a pretty good solution.