Lunch Break

I couldn't believe that we had all spent the whole morning talking. The conversation went from one thing to another without hesitation or a moment of silence.

I was amazed at how much the Bots here had learned and how they had adapted. I know they were surprised to learn about Knockout's past and why he changed sides. I also told some stories from the base that had some of our old friends in them.

The conversation continued on while we all sat at the table upstairs, eating various things for lunch. I had a sandwich, cheese, lettuce, and hummus, simple enough. It was much like something that I would make for my roommates on days were they had classes that ran into lunch, or if they had a late evening class.

Cody was eating left over Mac and cheese from the fridge that Dad had heated up. Kade was snacking on cold pizza, while Dad had made an effort to warm his up. Dani was eating yogurt and fruit, letting us all take pieces from her bowl. Graham has also made a sandwich, turkey, cheese and green peppers, an odd combination, but whatever.

We finished and went our different ways. Graham and Bolder took off to Doc's and Kade was off to see his girlfriend, can't believe that Hayley actually started dating him. I decided to go out and find where there was a good view of the ocean.

"Hey, Knockout let's go for a drive. I wanna see if I can see the main land from the coast." I hoped he could see the plea in my eyes, I needed some time to process everything that had happened today, and locking myself in my room sounded like a dead give away.

"Sure. See you guys later." I was happy to see that everyone was getting along and that someone wasn't causing any trouble. It was good to see Knock smile, and it was good that we could just be ourselves here.

When we pulled up to a beach, empty because of the rain that had started about ten minutes into our drive. I finally let myself relax and sighed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I could feel my seat getting warm as I unbuckled and pulled myself up onto the chair.

"Not at the moment. Give me a second." I sighed and put my head down, trying to think through the feelings that had arisen.

I could feel my breathing quicken, but I slowed it just as much, trying to keep myself balanced. Eventually the struggle passed and I leaned my head back onto the seat. My eyes were closed as I heard soft music coming from the speakers, Knockout trying to help me.

"Thank you. I think I'm good for now." My seat was comfortably warm and it made me feel safe. I didn't know how Knock knew to do this, but when he did, I was so thankful.

"Whenever you're ready to head back, we can." His voice was calm and I smiled, knowing he could see me. And we stayed like that for a little while, just relaxing.

Finally I gave the word and we returned home to my crazy family. Everyone was doing different things, as normal and I loved watching them as I pulled in.

I was home, whatever that meant and I had my best friend with me to support me.