Long Time No See Brother

Knock's POV
Let's rev up and roll out!

We pulled out of their base in a single file line, myself behind Sideswipe. We looked so similar that if we drove fast enough I would look like a shadow of him. Seeing his taillights was strange, but I was slowly starting to understand that being part of a team does not mean racing ahead to be a hero, rather helping other to make a better solution.

The open road was nice, the trees hiding the slowly winding road. It was different from the back roads that I would speed down with Claire -- we had a mission today, just like old times.

Then we came to the bridge that connected the base to Crown City. The bridge was a thin, long looking piece of metal, the two lanes looking small compared to the four one-way lanes highways I used to drive on. The smoothed cement-like walls and rusted cables spoke of the age of the bridge, but the river below could also wear away at the structure easily.

Seeing as Sideswipe wasn't moving over to fill the opposing lane, I moved over to match Bee and get more information on what had been happening and who we were going up against.

Last night we had sat and talked about what happened after we when different ways. Everything from life back on Cybertron to the surprise(s) of Griffin Rock. Knowing that Bee had also talked to Prime confirmed what I knew about Claire seeing him back on Griffin Rock, and her not being crazier than I knew her to be.

Bee talked about the Deceptions his team had faced, most of which I had never meet. Steelejaw seemed like the kind of mech that Megatron would have liked, being ambitious and cunning. His 'minions' on the other hand reminded me of Starscream, all of them bumbling, stumbling mechs who were given imaginary power.

"Just follow me as we head into the city," Bee's voice sounded younger when he spoke to me, part of my mind still stuck in the past, "and no speeding ahead."

The comment was probably meant for Sideswipe, seeing as he slowed down a little and backed off Bee's bumper, but some part of me felt that it was a reminder that this was not my mission. In the past I had caused issues on missions, not just for the Autobots but also for the Decepticons.

While uneventful, the ride though the city made me think of Cyberton. Knowing that I could return to a place I had called home long ago. What would happen if I returned? Would I be arrested or treated like a hero? What would happen to Claire when I left? Could I leave her?

For Prime's sake, I was spiraling like Claire would, but I could pull my head out of the colorful swirl quicker than she could.

Bee blinkered over towards the exit that was coming up, his team following suit. I merged into the space that Strongarm had kindly left for me.

After a series of twists and turns, new pavement turning to crumbling tar, finally falling to rocks and beaten down dirt. The path was worn from the many who drove it, not daily but maybe weekly.

"Fix-it, where are the signals reading inside the facility?"

Authors Note (possibly a sensitive topic, read with care):

Hello, I'm sorry there is not more of the story, but I couldn't keep writing this knowing what is going on in the world right now. As of February 24, 2022, Russia has started an attempt to invade Ukraine. From an outside perspective there is no clear reason for this type of attack. While I am not extensively knowledgeable on the subject and am not actively searching for new information, what has been made clear to me is that people are suffering and there are those against the actions of their leader. I sit across an ocean unable to see what is happening, only hearing from those who have shared, and am unable to help because of the position I lack. If you are able to help, please do. The world does not need anymore harm done to it; we have already survived a devastating pandemic and can not afford a large war. It is my hope that this is only a small battle on the grander scheme of things (not to disregard all the damage that has or will be done) and that the jokes will be the only things heard of a large scale war. Keep informed, help if you can, and love one another because the world does not need more hate.

That's all for now, Rayne