Two Sides of The Blade

Knockout's P.O.V.

"There are five signals reading inside near the rear of the facility," The voice paused for a second, likely pulling up a full blueprint of the building, "There is an entrance within a few clicks of you that will bring you to the side of the plant, allowing you to enter without interference from security systems."

"Thank you Fix-it. Knock, I want you to stay near the back, cover behind us. Grim, try to be light on your feet, please." Bee shut his lights and transformed, us all following his unquestioned lead.

The entrance was small for us, never mind Grimlock, who may have broken the door frame to fit, but we all made it through, somehow.

I looked around, entranced with the facility. Considering I had never been inside one of these buildings, the whole thing was new to me. Some of the technology was simple compared to Cybertronian tech back home. Large spiked spindles rested perpendicular to small boxes of oddly colored water. It wasn't quite blue like the ocean, but not as bad as the pictures Raf had shown us of that strange green water.

Clanks and bangs came from around the corner, along with arguing voices, echoing through the quiet. One sounded familiar, a sophisticated style of speech stuck out among the others' more common dialects.

Void.

I hadn't noticed how far along we had walked until I heard Bee make our presence known, "Well, hello Steelejaw and crew. Is there anything we can help you with today, maybe finding a nice status pod for each of you?"

"I think we're all set with what we have." The grey mech turned with his claws shining in the dim lighting, teeth baring as he was ready for a fight.

"Now Steelejaw, where are you manners?" The mech turned around, revealing a figure that look much more like me than I remembered. His deep red coloring was scratched up and there were lines of purple that were new mixed in with his grey base color. "We are all set little autobugs. Why don't you run along now and go play nice with some of the squishies of this dreadful planet."

The team stood stunned at the mech before us, hearing his shift from such a poised performance to his snarky side. I had often heard this type of talk from him in the labs when he was talking to Breakdown.

"The planet is quite nice actually. Humans are surprisingly good allies. Of course, Megatron underestimated them, per usual." Just like I had always wanted, I responded.

"If it isn't one of my old colleagues. Still doing the easy work I see." Void talked down to me, unknowing of the positions I had held while he was nothing more than another prisoner.

"I would hardly call this easy. Doing Megatron's dirty work was easier than this." That earned me a glare.

"How dare you disgrace our lord's name not once but twice! You have seen what he does with traitors!" I swear there was almost an edge of kindness in his voice, but it all came back to his reputation.

"Megatron is dead. The war is over." Bee moved to stand beside me, knowing that I would need someone to stand by me and Claire wasn't there to say her usual remarks. This might have been one of the first times that I realized how much I truly needed her.

"Impossible." The distressed look on Void's face made me almost feel happy, knowing that I inadvertently made him upset, felt vengeful in a way. 

"Nothing is impossible and defeating Megatron was no challenge compared to other enemies we faced. Stabbing him through the spark was actually quite easy."

Silence rung through the building, allowing everyone time to process the information that had just been revealed. Bee's team looked at him astonished, apparently never hearing the story of Megatron's death. Did they tell everyone a lie back on Cybertron? How could they not be truthful something so important?

"I thought it was Optimus who killed Megatron." Sideswipe was the first to speak, somewhat foolish of him but he was young so he still had plenty of time to get dig himself a hole he couldn't get out of. 

"Nope, it was BubbleBee who killed him. It was the same day they restored Cyberton. I remember hearing the story over and over as different bots added more detail." I placed a hand on Bee's shoulder, being there for him just as he was there for me. 

"Either way, we are not coming with you." Void's blades appeared, shining ink black each with a tip so sharp the sun made them glimmer. 

"We'll see about that." The team drew their weapons to fight the swordsman, synchronized from all the missions they had been on previously. I was a little slow, but was ready to fight when given the word.

The wolf-like Deceptions snarled and the fight began.