You Scared Me

"I forgot that you can sing so well. Mom would have loved to hear you singing her song."

I turned to see Graham standing near the corner, having walked almost around the bend with me seeing him. His glasses were a little fogged, probably from the heat rising from his pink-tinted cheeks.

"You scared me a little. Didn't think that you could be that quiet." Teasing Graham was a little harder than Kade, and I never knew how he was going to take it, so it was rare that I did it.

"I'm not that  clumsy anymore, Claire." My brother walked over towards where I was sitting.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." By now we were laughing as we gently teased each other with memories from the past. I was happy that I could have at least one brother like this.

A babble interrupted us and all the attention was back to the little one still sitting in my lap. They clapped their hands in excitement that their plan had worked, and of course this made me laugh happily.

"So this is Robo-baby." Graham sat next to me and started playing with their hands softly, much like I can remember him doing with Cody. I can't believe how much time has passed and how things have changed.

"Yes it is." The words were for Graham, but had a childish tone that matched the goofy smile on my face as Robo-baby's attention focused back on me.

"Bolder said that Heatwave was actually real good with this little guy when Cody was looking after them." Graham knew he was giving me information that would be used later on when Kade and Heatwave got back from hanging out with Hayley.

"So he does have a spark after all. He reminds me too much of Ultra Magnet, war-torn spark and cold." I started laughing at Knock's comment, knowing that both of us were bothered by the mech. Oh course, Graham was confused, I still had a lot to share about my days with Team Prime, and why neither myself or Knockout liked Ultra Magnus that much.

"You'll have to tell us about him one day. It's still hard to believe you worked with Optimus and his team." Graham had relaxed back onto the couch and it surprisingly didn't move from it's spot.

"Why is that?" Robo-baby had given their attention to some of the smaller pillows, slowly trying to scale the pile, so I kept a eye on them as I questioned my brother.

"You don't seem like the type of person to get involved in something like this." I tilted my head at my brother, thinking about the reasons that I wouldn't put myself out there.

"Really? You can't see me working with cybernetic aliens to win a war that killed off their own planet and then proceed to bring it to ours and almost ended up killing off Earth several time. Yeah, I would so  do something like that." And we were laughing like mad, we must have looked crazy to Knock and anyone else who could have come down without us noticing.

"Your sense of humor hasn't changed much over the past years has it?" Graham had managed to get his breathe back before me and it took me a minute to reply.

"Goodness no. It's only gotten worse from hanging out with Miko," The name raised a question, only having heard a little about this girl, "Teen I worked with; crazy girl."

"Craziest of the crazy." Knock added with a laugh, wiggling a finger near Robo-baby's face and making them giggle and attempt to grab it.

"Oh, she was the one who was always looking for trouble." I nodded at Graham comment as I helped Robo-baby back down from the stack of pillows they had managed to climb.

"She sure was. Poor Bulkhead had to deal with her all the time." Graham smiled and stood up, looking down at the tablet in front of him to check the time.

"I have a Gremsky class in ten minutes, so I have to head up, but if you need anything, just let me know." He had to be the best brother and maybe my most considerate sibling. 

"I totally forgot you were taking Gremsky classes, congrats." Gremsky Tech was one of the hardest tech schools in the world and I hadn't been around when Graham had gotten in, and that made me feel a little guilty about not being home.

"See you, Claire-bear." I smiled at the childhood reminder, and I knew that it would come back to get me later when Knockout added it to his list of annoying names to call me.

"Bye, Graham cracker." My smile turned to a smirk and I knew that I got him with that one, seeing my brother's shoulders shaking with laughter as he rounded the corner. 

I was happy to see my little brother thinking about me and happy that nothing had really changed between him and I.  There was one more thing I could count off my long list, having at least one thing that didn't change and still being able to maintain a 'normal' relationship with one of my siblings.