Hidden Trail

Knockout had drove me around, kinda driving aimlessly for a while, until I thought of a place to go. Of course, we had stopped for food, at the bakery the GPS pickup first, which turned out to be owned by Mr.Feiffer.

I ate my blueberry muffin happily, making sure that I didn't get crumbs anywhere but the napkin on my lap. I knew that making a mess meant cleaning up a mess, and Knock liked being spotless, so I had to be neat about everything.

"Where to now?" I carefully folded the napkin and put it in the brown paper bag Mr.Feiffer had handed me the muffin in.

"How about we go up to the mountain. Not where the Grennes live, but there is a nice hiking trail on the other side. A lot of people don't know about it, so you could walk along with me." This had been a hike I did with family when I was younger and the view at the top was amazing.

"Okay, let's go then." And we did. After driving around for a while trying to find the trail head, because my memory might not be the best, we found it.

The small wooden sign was still there, writing just as worn out as it was last time I was here. It seemed that while the town took care of the trail, it wasn't used much by the town's people, at least not anymore.

We started the walk up, talking about everything and anything. Hiking was like visiting the beach, but I actually got exercise when we went hiking. I was right about no one else being on the trail, even thought it was a nice day to go hiking, there was no one.

"We are almost at the top." I had spotted the last marker, the one that said 1/2 mile left and I knew that it was tracking the distance from the peak.

"How do you know?" I thought I had shown Knockout this before, but maybe I hadn't. It was hard to keep track of all the things there was to learn about Earth, because there's a lot and it keeps changing.

"There are markers along the trail, about every half a mile. They keep you on the trail and tell you distance. I took us on one of the shorter trails, about 3 - 3 1/2 miles long one way, and having hiked it before, I know to look for the markers." I wonder if they had anything like this on Cybertron. I had never heard any of the Bots talk about anything that was forest like, just the cities and high ways.

"It's beautiful." I was always liked hearing the sound of amazement in Knock's voice, it was nice to see wonder in someone's eyes.

I wish that I got to see it more, but it doesn't really happen anymore, but Knock always was discovering new things and I was almost always there with him. Knockout made everything old, new again and I loved that.

A/N: Just wanted to say another thank you for reading. I never expect any of this, but it makes me smile every time I see that there is a new view or a new comment. Thank you for making me smile. Let me know if there is anything you would like to see in this story. Have a good day!
~ Rayne