Around Town

We finished up a Doc lab, learning that almost every problem that my family has to solve comes from his lab, which is not surprising. Thank goodness he has Frankie to keep him grounded or the man could have sent the whole island to the moon by now.

Knockout seemed happy that I was back, warming my seat a little. And it seemed  that it carried on that way for the rest of the drive.

I loved hearing Cody get excited about the shops and people that we drive by. So many were the same, but Cody acted like it was my first time on the island. It was good to hear everything again, but I didn't need it as much as Knockout did.

"Is Blossom Vale still around?" I remembered always going there for picnics and sometimes fishing; it's a beautiful place and I hadn't been able to see it the last couple of times I was in town.

"Yeah. Do you want go see it?" Cody sounded excited, like there was a story hidden there waiting for me to discover.

"Of course! I loved going out there and seeing all the flowers and fishing with Dad." The little area had always been a safe haven for me, Dad always willing to drive me out there. It was kind of like my drives down to the shore, but I didn't have Knockout with me at that point in time, so it was a little different.

I struggled to remember some of the turns, but I had Cody helping me every step of the way.

"You sure know this island, don't you?" We had just made the final turn and I was just about to park on the small patch of worn dirt.

"I've been everywhere so many times, and seeing it from the sky helps map out everything." That means Cody was allowed in Dani's copter, interesting.

We got out of the car, walking slowly towards the shore. It seemed different from last time, something about the plants seemed new.

"Notice it yet?" Cody sat down contently in the sand, and I followed his led, sitting down in the sand, crossing my legs underneath me and leaning down into my hands.

"I don't know what 'it' is, but there is something different about this place."

"It's a long story, but most of the Vale has to be replanted afterwards. Everyone in town helped and there was a celebration after." He wasn't explaining the story, because he wanted me to ask! Cody wanted me to be curious about what happened, and I sure was.

"What happened? Was there a storm that hit the area?" Cody shook his head before continuing.

"Nothing like that actually. Something only a few people know is that there was gold under this area. Someone was able to buy phones that used hypnosis to control everyone. The whole town started digging up the Vale, having no idea that they were doing it. With the help of Graham bulldozer, Boulder, I was able to reverse the effects. Afterwards everyone helped rebuild Blossom Vale, making it better than it was before."

"That must have been quite the adventure." I was kind of surprised at what Cody had done, but then again, he had always been adventurous.

"Yeah, but I'm glad I stopped it. It was so strange to see everyone under mind control." I nodded, agreeing on his point, only being to imagine what it felt like to be Cody.

I looked at my phone to see that it was almost noon, so I stood up and started pulling Cody by his sleeve back to Knockout. Just I had guessed, Cody fought back, ending in is having a wrestling match. I won, of course, but it was still fun.

We finally made it back to Knock and I was smiling the rest of the way back, happy to see that something never change.