Poor Bee

The morning sun bleed through the thin curtains, waking me up earlier than I wanted to be up, but it gave me a chance to gather my thoughts and organize the layout of a plan. So far that plan was the fact that there was going to be a mission soon, that's really it.

"You awake, Claire?" Knock's voice was soft and quiet, along with caring.

"Yup. Be out in a second." I dressed in some of the clothing I had packed, a little different from home style wise, a little throwback to what I wore while working with Team Prime.

I pulled on a black t-shirt and some white jean shorts, tying a mostly red flannel around my waist, the black and white tying the colors together. My shoes were more leisurely and stylish than my normal sneakers, but were still comfortable enough to run in.

My hair had been braided last night, so there were waves that gracefully cascaded down my back. The front sections were twisted back, tied together by a small elastic that rested about half way down the back of my head. 

Next was the necklace I always wore and today I decided on a grouping of brackets, all having a gold basic with accent of white. Some of them were more worn out than others, marked with a little more wear from all the fidgeting I had done with them, but they still looked beautiful all together. 

"Looking good Claire." Knock was literally at my door when I walked out, not really scaring me because of Bee's old pranks and generally after being around a bunch of giant Autobots, you get used to it.

"Thanks Knock." A smile took it's place on my face.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, drawing my attention away from a starting conversation, and I didn't know what to expect when I pulled it out. Well, I had some level of expectation of what I would see but the message was unlike any of those expectations.

'The time has come. Good luck.
O. Pax'

I knew who it was from the last line; it was Prime. Guess he wanted to make sure I understood that it was him without anyone else knowing, and that the message was important.

"Knock... where's Bee?" The words were directed at my phone, but I knew my message was clear.

"I think he's cleaning up a mess that Sideswipe made earlier." I look up at my partner with the most blank expression, knowing he understood that nothing could surprise me anymore.

"And..." I gave him a sarcastic answer for the answer he gave me.

"I'll show you where he is." While his voice was annoyed, but I could see the smile fighting to sneak onto his face.

Knock reached his hand down, allowing me to climb onto his shoulder, starting out journey once I was secure. His footsteps were light and carefully placed, the surroundings new and I could get hurt if I fell off his shoulder.

There was only one time I actually fell off of Knock's shoulder and I wasn't hurt super badly, just a sore ankle and wrist, along with my back hurting for a few days. Granted I had fallen off of some of the other bots or had fallen around the base in general, so my pain tolerance has grown since then.

"Bee!" My voice must have scared the poor mech, causing him to jump a little. Thank goodness that he wasn't holding anything, having placed down what looked to be a vintage fridge.

"Morning Claire. What's up?" Bee regained his balance and was smiling at me, as if I hadn't just seen him mess up.

"I'm going to ignore you jumping. Morning. Something's going to happen today." The look Bee gave me was something I hadn't seen in years and I couldn't help but start hysterically laughing.

"What? You have got to give me more than something is going to happen! For Primus' sake, Claire! Something already did happen! I've had to clean up Sideswipe's mess already!" Bee started laughing with me after finishing his exasperated rant, both of us looking like idiots who didn't get enough sleep.

I had to wait until I had caught my breath before answering, "Sorry, Bee, but I got a message from..." 

A siren interrupted me, the beeping as annoying as my old alarm clock, the second one (I think). Unlike the morning wake up call, this was actually important. 

"I hate it when you're right Prime." The words were curses under my breath as we ran.