A Call From The Past

Cody and I raced to get dress, he won because most of my stuff was still in boxes. I threw on a t-shirt and some black leggings along with my hoodie from earlier, my other clothes were still in Knockout's truck, I would have to get them later.

"Be back soon Dad! Cody is gonna show me around town." We ran past him in the hanger, it seemed that he was cleaning something off his car.

"I have my com if you need one of us. Bye Dad! Bye Chase!" Cody jumped in the passenger seat, and I climbed in Knockout's driver's seat.

"Where to?" I felt so grown up for some reason, maybe it was having Cody sitting next to me rather than behind me.

"Let's visit the Greenes!" Cody looked excited, and I didn't ask, but I always wondered if he ever had a thing for Frankie.

"Do they still live up on the mountain?" I knew that I could torture Knockout with this a little bit and he couldn't get me back for it.

"Yup! I love flying up with Dani, the view is so pretty." That was something I didn't hear from him before, a love for nature.

We continue in silence for a little while before my phone rang. I hadn't hooked it up to Knockout's wireless system, so I would have to have the phone speaker on.

"Can you please pick up it up and put it on speaker?" Cody followed my orders and I heard a familiar voice come through the other end.

"Hey Claire!"

"Hi Miko. Can you call me later?" I was happy to hear from her, but I wish she had waited a day or two.

"Okay. It's later now!" Goodness, I should have seen that coming; Miko is too smart for her own good.

"Miko! I'm in the car right now, and with my family. Can you call me back in a few hours?"

"Sure, but then Bulk and Bee won't be around, or Raf." Ugh, she had to pull that one on me; she knew that I loved the team and I wished I could be there to sees them.

"Tell them I miss them, but I have to go. Bye Miko."

"Bye Claire. Talk to you later." I could tell that Milo was bouncing around, probably getting yelled at by Ratchet.

I rolled my eyes as she hung up, and Cody smiled, trying to hold in a laugh. I really hoped that my family would be able to meet the team I worked with for a little bit.

"How do you know her?" Cody was trying really hard not to laugh, I could tell by the strain in his voice.

"I worked with Miko, and some of her friends when I was getting my degree. Part of my qualification was working with a number of students for a set amount of hours. I worked at her school, and then worked on another project with her for an club. She a good person, but has a lot of energy." I finished with a small laugh, remembering all the times that she had gotten in trouble because she and Bulkhead had done something stupid.

"Cool. Maybe I can meet her someday!" I love that Cody wanted to know about the life I had lived off the island.

"Maybe. I think you two would get along." I smiled, thinking about who would like who best. Cody and Miko would get along nicely; Graham and Raf would start talking tech as soon as they meet one another; I don't know about Jack, maybe Dani or Dad. Kade, well, it's Kade so I could not even guess.

It hadn't seemed like that long, but we had made it to Doc's lab and it seemed that nothing had change, until I saw the Greene's new guard dog.