Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen Chris Brown Tarzana, California

Chapter Sixteen
Chris Brown
Tarzana, California

Sitting on the hood of my car, I stared at the picture of my kids that was painted on the side of my old house. I've been here for a couple hours trying to figure out what I should I do. Mya wants this house gone and I understand why but I'm not sure if that's what I want. I know I fucked up by hiding the fact that I still owned it and all the shit that went down here but still I just don't think I can't give this up. All my art, my studio, how am I supposed to just walk away from that?

Marriage is all about compromise but lately it's been feeling like I've been giving up more than she has. The last big change she made for me was moving back to LA after Landon was born. I told her to chill with being violent and all that shit, it still takes nothing for Mya to snap. I know a lot of my shit outweighs hers but if she can request changes and get what she wants, why can't I?

The sound of a car coming up the driveway made me turn around. My moms car pulled around and she parked not too far from me. Smiling I stood up and walked over to her door opening it. I needed to talk to somebody about all of this.

"Hey sweetie." My mom said while hugging me.

"Hi mommy." I held onto her tight. I feel like I see her less and less now. And it's not even on my end. My OG out enjoying her life now and I ain't mad at her. She got her little crew of friends and she got her clothing line, she can't really focus on her big baby no more.

"What's going on?"

"I just needed somebody to talk to." I said while grabbing her hand as we walked to the backyard.

"Well I'm all ears, what's up?"

Sighing, I sat down on one of my couches then looked up at her. "I don't think I wanna sell my house."

My mom sat across from me. "Why?"

"I just don't. Like look at all the hard work I put into it. The was my place of freedom and as much as I love being at home with my wife and kids, I don't have that there."

"Okay I need you to explain that further."

"Everybody knows my creativity and mind needs more than just a canvas and I feel like that's what it'll be confined to if I give this place up. My studio is here, how do I just walk away from all of this?"

"Okay, I understand. But Chris you know you probably would've been able to keep the house if you were honest with Mya from the beginning."

"Yeah."

"And you made matters worse with the drugs and parties."