FortyNine

About two or three more sad chapters unfortunately, then we're back rolling

Chapter FortyNine
Omniscient
Miami, Florida - Ritz Carlton

Tim sat on the end of his hotel bed, trying his hardest to keep conscious but the opioids in his system were winning this fight. His head bobbed and his bottom jaw hung low.

His phone rung over and over on the dresser, Mya's picture displaying on the screen but he was too high to answer. He couldn't move.

The kids had to go to the funeral home today and just the thought had Tim ready to do some crazy shit, so he did what he does best, avoided the situation. The ringing finally stopped but didn't take long before it started up again. He managed to get up and answered. "Hello." His word slurred even though he tried his hardest to sound normal.

Mya looked at her phone confused before putting it back to her ear. "Tim I'm downstairs trying come up there, but this dummy at the desk acting like they can't do shit. What's your room number?"

"Uh, I'ma come down."

"I've been calling you for the past thirty minutes for you to come down but you haven't budged. What the hell are you doing Tim?!"

"I'm coming Mya, I'm coming." He hung up and tossed the phone next to him and ended up sitting back down.

Mya shook her head and went back out to the truck, climbing inside.

"What he doing?" Chris asked.

"I have no idea, I asked him for his room number he said he'd be down. To be honest, he sounds drunk. I tried to get his room number and the bitch at the front desk was asking like she didn't know it. He's going to make us late."

"I'll be back." Chris groaned while getting out the car and heading inside. People noticed him and pointed, the security at the front door followed behind him to make sure he wasn't bothered. "Aye, let me get Timothy Anderson's room number." He told the girl at the desk.

When she looked up to see who was talking to her, her jaw almost fell to the floor. "Okay, one second." She typed away with no hesitation.

"I need a key too."

"Sure.....he's in 714." She made him a copy of the key and passed it to him.

"My wife was just in here before I was asking for the same thing but you were hesitant to help. Why?"

"We're not supposed to just give out someone's room."

"Oh because I'm famous you're making an exception?"

"I...I'm sorry."

"Yeah whatever." Chris snatched the key from her and headed to Tim's room. He unlocked the door and headed in. "Tim, come on nigga we got places to be." Chris walked in further and saw his brother in law slumped over. "Shit! What the fuck man."

Hurrying over to Tim, he pulled him up.

"Tim, wake up." Chris smacked his cheek. Tim eyes slowly peeled open but not for long. "Nigga why the fucked would you do this, today of all fucking days man?!" Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he called Mya.

Checkmate: THE NEXT LEVEL (R)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें