FortySeven

Chapter FortySeven
Omniscient
Sherman Oaks - 10:47am

Silence

That's all there was throughout the Brown's house even though everyone sat around each other in the family room and the kitchen, even Brian.

No one knew what to say, what to do, where to start.

Makayla sat in Jades room, staring at the blank TV screen. As much as they wanted to leave their mom hanging after last night, they couldn't. But still no one said anything to her.

Mya stood at the kitchen counter, staring out at the view. Her finger traced the rim of her coffee cup. Her big brother watched her, wanting to console her.

After it felt like something moved him into her direction, he touched her arm, expecting her to snap. Mya looked up at her brother and tears filled her eyes then she wasted no time hugging him. Brian inhaled deeply, holding his baby sister tight. "I love you so much Mya, I'm so sorry."

"I love you too Bry...I'm going to miss him so much."

"Me too, man. Me too."

After they hugged for a while, Brian grabbed her hand and led her into the family room. Mya went and cuddled up with Chris while Brian stood next to Mariah.

"I know this is the last thing any of us want to talk about and we don't have to discuss this right now but we have to figure out who's going to pick up dad's body." Brian said, his voice cracking again as he tried to maintain his tears.

"I need another day." Mariah said. "We get 48 hours before we have to do any of this and I just can't do it right now." She cried.

"I promise you Riah, I'm not trying to rush anything I just wanted to put it out there." He wiped his tears away. "I got a flight back to Miami in a few hours. I have to get Lilia and the kids, let them know what's going on and I think it's best if I brought Granny to LA and we all tell her what's going on. Telling her over the phone is too risky."

Tim shook his head, his grandmother's last child gone. "I'll fly out too. You gone need help with that old woman." He said trying to cheer himself up a bit but that didn't help.

"I think his funeral should be in Miami." Kayla said. "Dad didn't really have anybody here besides us. All he did was work so he never got the chance to make friends. And it's only right that Big Sam's final resting place is his old stomping grounds."

"Agreed." Mya said.

"We about to see a whole lot of red." Tim smirked while throwing up his set. That made the rest of them smile.

"I know the kids are in school and everything, but maybe we should do all of this is Miami. Is everybody free?" Brian asked.

"With the kids being in school and our businesses, we have to move some things around. I can't fly out today but give me a couple days and I'll be there." Mya said.

"I think that goes for most of us." Mariah said.

"I can fly out tomorrow, I just gotta get packed up." Kayla said.

"I'll come with you." Hoody said.

"You don't have to do that."