Ten

Chapter Ten Mya Brown Miami, Florida

Chapter Ten
Mya Brown
Miami, Florida

I've been here two days and the only thing that I've been able to do is cry. It's been so hard to assure myself that everything will be okay but lately it feels like nothing ever will. My mind was running like crazy. All the manic thoughts in my head were not okay and the I desperately needed somebody to talk to because trying to help myself isn't working.

Thankfully I was able to set up a session via FaceTime with our therapist. I haven't seen Dr. Thompson in a while and I wish I hadn't stopped because he really helped me. When things were good, I thought talking to him was useless but no matter how things were going, I could've kept him around.

Instead of using this moment to vent about all the bad things that have occurred, I want to see if he can help me. I'm tired of being so angry all the time. I wanna be able to just say okay to things and walk away or express myself without being ready to fight or hurt somebody. I have too much to lose. I'm honestly still waiting to be served with court papers for Syren. They're definitely coming. This was the perfect opportunity for her but I can't be mad at nobody but myself because like always I go from 0 to 10000 in two seconds.

My phone started ringing bringing me out my thoughts. I made sure I looked presentable before sliding over the answer button. Dr. Thompson's face appeared.

"Hi Dr."

"Mya, hello. I haven't heard from you in a while."

"I know. I've been super busy lately. I wish I would've made time to come and talk to you though."

"It's completely fine, as long as you know that I'm here whenever you need to talk."

"I'm very happy to hear that."

"Before we get started, congratulations on your baby girl. Chris has always mentioned more children to me."

"Thank you. Yes, this baby isn't even here yet and he's already discussing the next baby." I laughed. "I'm excited and I can't wait for her to get here."

"Well there's one good thing going on. You wanting this session must mean, there's trouble in paradise."

I slowly nodded. "These past few months it feels like my life has been spiraling out of control and I definitely feel like I'm going to go crazy eventually."

"What's going on?"

"Um so I'm going to start with my pregnancy, I was honestly in no rush to say anything about it until I was ready but it's like once I married Chris, the little bit of privacy that I had was gone. When I was pregnant with Landon I had more privacy, there were speculations but people weren't down my back like this time. I've had ex-family members trying to sell pictures to blogs, a girl that used to work for me, tweeted about me being pregnant after signing an NDA and that's what really forced me to hurry up and announce my pregnancy."