SixtyOne

Chapter SixtyOneMya BrownTarzana, California - Five Months Later

Chapter SixtyOne
Mya Brown
Tarzana, California - Five Months Later

After the trial we decided to move out of our house. It was time for something different, a fresh start. We ended up selling our old house to Mariah and Travis. Then me and family packed up and headed back to Tarzana.

The house was just built so that was even more perfect for me

The house was just built so that was even more perfect for me. Once again we have to get something built for Mr. shopaholics, shoes and clothes. I've banned him from buying anything new for the next six months unless it's for me.

But anyway, today I've scheduled a counseling session for Landon with Dr. Thompson. We've been noticing his anger and it has me super worried. Chris and I have tried to talk to him ourselves but he doesn't really give us much. So I'm going to try this route and see how it goes.

Both of his parents have serious anger issues so I knew this could possibly become a problem. I just want to get control of it before it's too late.

The sound of the doorbell ringing, stopped me from organizing the books in our family room and I hurried to the front. Opening the door I was greeted by Dr. Thompson with a huge gift basket in his hand.

"Hello." I said while hugging him.

"Hi Mya, long time no see."

"I know, I know. So much has been going on. Come in, please."

"Thank you, congratulations on the new home and the pregnancy. I bought you guys a gift." He said while gesturing towards the basket.

"Aw, you didn't have to."

"I know but you guys have become like family to me, it's the least I can do."

"Well thank you, I can't wait to open it. You can sit that right on the kitchen counter and then we'll go into the family room."

He nodded while sitting the basket down then we went and sat on opposite couches. "So you think counseling could help Landon?"

"I'm not sure but it wouldn't hurt to try. He's acting out and I'm hoping that we can figure out why."