TwentyNine

Long ass chapter, lot of long paragraphs. This will hold y'all off for a while, back to my other books.

Chapter TwentyNine Mya BrownMya's Therapy Session - Part I

Chapter TwentyNine
Mya Brown
Mya's Therapy Session - Part I

This is my first session of many and I am extremely nervous. When I talked to Dr. Thompson to set my appointments I let him know that I am trying to do some serious soul searching. I gotta get my shit together or I'll be a mad, bitter woman for the rest of my life. I hate that it took this for me to get my act together though.

It's been almost a month since everything. It hasn't been easy at all and I don't know when I'll be adjusted to this new normal. The only time Chris talks to me is when he's picking up Landon or when his mom is coming to get Jade. I saw his comment on theshaderoom and as badly as I wanted to say something, I just let it go. It hurt my feelings, I'm not going to lie but I deserve all of it. He's hurt, I get it...

The silence in Dr. Thompson's office was killing me while I waited for to come in. A tiny voice in the back of my head was telling me to run but I know I can't do that. Hopefully when all is said and done hear, that tiny voice won't even exist anymore.

When Dr. Thompson diagnosed me with IED, I was supposed to continue my sessions but once Chris and I fixed everything, or what we thought we fixed, I didn't go back. That's basically how it always is. We start therapy, think everything is fine and stop going, knowing that there's still a bunch of underlying issues.

I'm going to end that cycle. It's time to get all the way right.

The office door opened causing me to quickly look over and it definitely wasn't who I was expecting.

"Chris."

Okay, did he put a pill in this water. Maybe I'm seeing shit. He didn't say anything just sat at the other end of the couch.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He just looked at me then I'm front of him.

The door opened again and Dr. Thompson walked in. "Sorry it took me so long Mya, I had to grab a few things."

"What is he doing here? I thought we were waiting before we worked on my marriage."

"I invited him. I want you to be comfortable with sharing your trauma with Chris like you are with me."

"But isn't this too soon and I don't think he should be here while he still hates me."

"Chris can't say anything, he's just here to listen. It's going to be okay Mya. Just pretend he's not even here."