Thirty

Chapter ThirtyMya Brown Mya's Therapy Session - Part VI

Chapter Thirty
Mya Brown
Mya's Therapy Session - Part VI

So Dr. Thompson and I have dug into various parts of my life, mainly life before Chris and it has lifted a weight off of my shoulders. I got some well needed closure, when it came to the bullying and everything. He taught me how accepting things we can't change helps us to become better.

I still haven't circled back to the situation with my uncle. It's like the last thing on my list to do when it comes to therapy.

Not gonna lie, I felt some type of way about my mom and dad sharing what happened to me with Chris. I don't know if they feel like it's their story to tell too but it wasn't okay in my eyes. I wanted to be able to work through things with Dr. Thompson and then tell Chris everything else. But he knows now so that's one less thing for me to stress over.

Today in my session, I'll finally get to start discussing my marriage and everything surrounding it. I'm kind of nervous because Dr. Thompson is really good at make me realize shit that I was oblivious to and I honestly don't want him to point out the bad with me and my husband.

"Hey Mya, how you feeling today?" He asked while sitting across from me.

"I'm good, it feels good to say that and actually mean it."

"I'm happy that you feel that way."

"Me too."

"Today we are going to finally discuss life with Chris. I came into your lives after you two got together, long after so I don't really know much about the beginning of your relationship. So Mya, tell me how you met Chris."

A smirk peeled across my face, I kind of miss the simpler times. "Well we met Memorial Day Weekend almost six years ago. He rented out one of the apartments in my building...right on the same floor as mine. Our first time crossing paths was in an elevator. Me and my people had to share with him and his. I ended up standing closely in front of him and I've never told him this but I was nervous. The elevator even shook a little bit and he gripped my waist. I was very impressed on how I played it cool."

"Why were you nervous?"

"He's Chris Brown, girls would kill to be that close to him."

"So you were always interested in him?"

"Um, not really. There were always rumors of how Chris didn't look twice at women of my complexion. I was very surprised when he kept trying to pursue me. And I thought it was just for sex but every time we did have sex, this man was trying to chill with me afterwards."