ThirtyNine

Chapter ThirtynineMariah Anderson Los Angeles, California

Chapter Thirtynine
Mariah Anderson
Los Angeles, California

My doorbell rang and I quickly looked out the curtains to see if it was who I was expecting. When I saw Kayla, I quickly jumped up and ran to open the door, pulling her inside. "Nobody followed you right?"

"Why would anybody follow me Mariah, I'm not Mya." She explained with a straight face while handing me what I asked for.. My poor baby is a week over her due date with hopes of them inducing her on her next appointment.

"Oh yeah. How you feeling?"

"Fat and tired."

"It's almost over Pookie." I pinched her cheek then went into the living room and sat down. Kayla sat next to me.

"So what is it baby booming season for the Andersons or something?"

I laughed. "I'm guessing so." I said while staring at the tests in my hands. "I can't believe I'm in this predicament. I'm too old, my babies are big and it might be a chance that I'm about to start all over."

"Come on now, if you fucking this man raw, you should know the consequences."

"I know. But it could just because I'm getting older. I'm Knocking on 40 menopause could be coming."

"Menopause doesn't hit when you're 40 Mariah. Go take the test instead of coming up with crazy shit in that's just going to drive you insane."

I took a deep breath before getting up and going into the bathroom. My old ass should be on birth control or something, ugh.

After unpacking everything, I took the test then sat it on the counter. It felt like I was going to have a damn panic attack waiting for these results. Travis and I have only been dating for 7 months now. He mentions having his own kids all the time even though mine are obsessed with him. He's at every single one of Ayden's baseball practices, convinced him to try other sports. When I can't take Ava to dance or gymnastics he's right there with no hesitation. This man was truly a gift from god and I'm glad that my sisters pushed me in his direction. I met his mom a couple months ago and that lady is a dream. We go shopping and have lunch, it's what I've always wanted out of a relationship. With my ex husbands mama, I was definitely gone catch a case from beating her ass. I'm so glad those toxic people are out of my life.

Mario's custody case got dropped once I showed more than enough proof of him being a no good, deadbeat.

Can't wait for karma to tear him to pieces.

Exhaling, I lifted both sticks and of course, positive.

Goodness.