ThirtyTwo

Chapter ThirtyTwo
Omniscient
Los Angeles Psychiatry - Monday Morning

The day had finally come for the first session with Chris and Mya. Nerves were on an all time high as they both anticipated what would happen after today. Chris woke up early just to pray and meditate. He wanted to stay level headed during this whole thing and just really listen so that things can go back to normal.

Over the weekend they were able to get a taste of what used to be. Before and after the show they hung out. It felt good to not be at odds, to laugh and enjoy each other's company. They weren't acting like a couple, there weren't any intimate moments but them being best friends was quite obvious to everybody.

Chris hadn't performed since before Jade was born so having Mya there helped him with being nervous.

This session was going to be different. Dr. Thompson asked to meet them where they're most comfortable, so they chose their house of course. He knew that with the tempers on these two things could possibly get crazy and he didn't need anybody in his office hearing that. He also reached out to their mothers to be mediators if needed.

Mya anxiously waited in the living room for Dr. Thompson and Chris to show up. She wanted a drink so bad and was trying so hard to fight against it. Eventually, she gave in had two mimosas.

The sound of the door opening made her quickly put her glass away and the champagne. She hurried to the door and it was Chris and Dr. Thompson.

"Hello." Mya said.

"Hello Mya." Dr. Thompson said.

"Wassup." Chris came and gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek. "You been drinking?" He asked kind of surprised.

"Just a mimosa, I got breakfast for everybody."

He nodded before heading to the family room.

"Um, I have everything set up in the family room, you can follow me." Mya said to Dr. Thompson. "Do you want some food or something to drink?"

"Coffee, please." He answered.

"Okay." Mya showed him the family room then went and made coffee. Chris was making a plate of food.

"I thought you'd stay away from any type of liquor." Chris said.

"Why would I do that?"

"You know why."

"Trust me, I know my limit and like I said it was just a mimosa. Don't do that."

"Do what? I'm tryna make sure you ain't drunk when we supposed to be focused on fixing our damn relationship."

"You want me focused but trying to start an argument when I've told you it was just a couple mimosas. I'm sober Chris, what you think ima drink too much and kiss the fucking doctor?!" She yelled.

His head quickly snapped towards her, intimidating Mya a little bit.

"Everything okay in here?" Dr. Thompson asked while stepping in the kitchen.

"Yes." Mya answered.

"My wife might be drunk, she already saying stupid shit." Chris added.