3.2.0

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Apex Predator

"They're so pretty, it hurts. I'm not talking about boys, I'm talking about girls."

~girls by girl in red~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: July 25, 2022

A/N: ^so, who else here listens to girl in red?

P.S. Happy Valentines Day!

Warnings: abuse, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault, violence, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

"Life isn't always fair. Sometimes the world can be cruel and that's why you have to learn to be cruel yourselves," Sensei Kreese stands in front of the class today with an important lesson. "The fight at the school was an embarrassment." That's an understatement. "You lost soldiers and you lost the battle. But you will not lose again."

I will not lose again.

"Diaz was one of our own. What they did to him, they did to all of us," Sensei Kreese says.

I tense at the mention of Miguel. He never seems to let us forget what we've lost. Not that we should, but some distance from it might be good; I feel it gnawing away at me everyday and this isn't helping.

"And it will not go unanswered."

One way or another I'm getting back at the LaRussos and Demetri and Miyagi-Do. Samantha is back in school and we've been sharing nasty looks in our English class we have together. While I'm still trying to figure out why she slammed my head into the lockers, I know I need to focus on revenge. Tory lost to her, too, and in her absence is my opportunity to step up for both of us.

"We will show no mercy. We will show no weakness. We will strike back and we will strike hard," he continues and I have to say I'm glad he's consistent with his teachings. I'm genuinely excited to be here and get revenge. "Is that clear?"

"Yes, Sensei!" we all yell together and I can't help smiling as I do.

"I can't hear you!" he yells back at us.

"YES, SENSEI!"

⭒⭒⭒

A little bit later into the class, Sensei Kreese has left us alone and I move to the side to do some pushups to keep my heart rate up. These guys haven't stopped training, but I took about three weeks off due to my ankle. I need to get back on their level.

"You just don't stop, do you?" a voice asks and I look up to see Rickenberger.

"You always have to stay one step ahead of your enemy," I smirk and stand up. He looks like he may say something more, but he's interrupted.

"Class," Sensei Kreese walks out of his office with something behind his back. "You worked hard today. So before you're dismissed, I have a little treat for ya. I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine." He brings a hamster or some kind of rodent out from behind his back and I have to admit it's kind of cute.

"Aw," somebody says, but I have a feeling it's not meant to be a pet. Sensei Kreese doesn't seem like the warm, cuddly type.

"Cool. What's it's name?" Bert asks.