5.6.4

"Pouring out my heart to a stranger, but I didn't pour the whiskey. I just wanted you to know that this is me trying.  I just wanted you to know that this is me trying. At least I'm trying."

~this is me trying by Taylor Swift~

⭒⭒⭒

A/N: I fell asleep before updating last night. Oopsie. Anyway, here you go - and a new character/ face claim is at the bottom of this chapter;)

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, gun violence, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, weapons, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

"Hey," a knock comes at my door and it opens slowly to reveal Eli.

"What are you doing here?" I ask curtly.

"I wanted to ask you to reconsider karate," he frowns. "You're really good at it. Hell, you beat me."

"There's nothing to reconsider. I'm standing by what I said. I need distance," I tell him.

"Okay," Eli shrugs. He doesn't leave. Instead, he steps closer to where I sit facing him on the bed. 

"What?" I ask him.

"Eli and Zion. Zion and Eli. We've gone up and down together. Together, apart, something in between..."

"What?"

"I want you," he takes a knee in front of me and reaches for my hand, "to reconsider-"

"I already told you I'm not coming back to karate-"

"...us. I want you to reconsider us."

My jaw drops, "What?"

"Ever since you tried to kiss me that one night, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it," Eli smiles.

"Me neither," I mutter angrily, guiltily, regretfully.

"I still have feelings for you, Z,'" he stands up and pulls my hands to bring me to my feet, too.

We stand so close that our breathing crosses. I look into his eyes.

"And, I think you do, too. Which is why I hope you'll let me do this..."

Eli  pulls my hands closer to his torso. His lips approach mine. They touch. I'm too stunned to move. Eli grips my waist. This isn't how I would've wanted it to go, if I wanted it ever in the first place.

Still, the feeling of being wanted is appealing. I can imagine this as who I want it to be, but that would be unfair to Eli. There's only one person I want.

I hear the door creak behind Eli. My mind tells me to push him away just in case someone is there.

Eli turns over his shoulder and smirks, "Enjoy the show?"

I glance past Eli and see Robby.

Robby. Robby. Robby.