1.6.0

Chapter Six: Hawk

"You may be right; I may be crazy. Oh, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for. Turn out the light; don't try to save me. You may be wrong - for all I know - but you may be right."

~You May Be Right by Billy Joel~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: July 3, 2022

Warnings: abuse, domestic violence, sexual harassment/assault, language, violence, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

My new gi is a white karate uniform with a cobra on the back. For the first time since I've been here, I feel like I belong.

Our trio stands at the front and I glance back at Eli and Demetri with a smile. I hope Sensei Lawrence isn't too hard on them, especially on their first day.

I'm about to go over and talk to them when someone yells, "QUIET!"

Everyone is scared a moment and I have to admit even I was caught off guard.

"Face front."

We do so. Sensei looks out and over the group of teenagers.

"Nice shirt," he walks over to Demetri. I see he's wearing a bright green t-shirt with the symbol for pi on it.

"Thanks," Demetri says.

"I'm joking. It sucks," Sensei says. I mean, he's not wrong. Sensei walks over to this guy I've never seen before. "Word of advice. If you've got shit for teeth, don't smile." Then he moves on to this tiny kid. "God, makes me feel like a virgin just looking at you."

He continues to walk around; I don't care for his attitude too much. He's going to turn these people away.

"When I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds. I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out."

I share a look with Miguel and we both are in shock now at how rude Sensei Lawrence is being to the new people.

"But in my short time as a sensei, I've also seen some miracles," he looks to Aisha, Miguel, and myself. "So, maybe there's some hope for you yet. But first I need to see where you're at. So, everybody, fall in!" We don't move. "That means line up."

Reluctantly, the class shifts into single file lines behind the three of us in gis.

"No, not... not line up in a line. Lines! Get in lines."

"You mean, like 'rows?'" Demetri asks.

Sensei covers his face with his hands in frustration, "Yes, yes, in rows. Now."

We spread out as I stand beside Miguel wearily. It's obvious none of us have any idea what we're doing. I wish Sensei Lawrence would give us a break.

"All right, we all know punching, right? The positioning? Legs spread out, dominant hand in the back to get ready and punch," he demonstrates. Some of them nod. "Fighting positions." We all mock the stance he was in. "Jab punch."

Miguel nods at me as we get into position. I check on Eli and he's in position, but I get distracted when I see a few people are already punching.

"No, wait 'til I say go. Hiyah!" We all begin to punch the air. "Hiyah! Hiyah! Hiyah! Come on. Stand straight. Plant your feet in there. Hiyah! Are you sure you're right-handed? Hiyah! Hiyah! Come on, tits, you can do better than that. You got weight, use it. Ready? Hiyah! Hiyah! Hiyah!"