1.1.0: From The Vault

A/N: Hey! This week has been busy with my grandma's surgery and healing process (she's doing better each day), so there is no real update this week. HOWEVER. I wanted to put out something that I forgot I had from almost three years ago when I started this book.

So, originally the character of Zion was named Angelina (which I announced on my message board yesterday)...

AND she was Samantha's cousin (in a family-friend way)...

so her "uncle" was Daniel...

her endgame was Eli...

there was no Zobby or Robby as a potential boyfriend in sight...

she was going to join Miyagi-Do in season 2 because she hated Kreese...

she was going to kiss Demetri in season 2...

and the only things similar to this story were that Miguel and Angelina were best friends and her mom was abusive.

Yeah, it was a weird plot line idk.

Aren't you so glad you got this instead of that mess ???

Anyway, here is the one of the first scenes I ever wrote (and then rightfully deleted) for this book. Let me know what you think.

⭒⭒⭒

Angelina's POV

A few days later, Sam calls me. She wants me to meet some of her friends so I know people when school starts. She's been acting weird because I've been trying to meet up with her, but I guess she's just busy. I make it over to the LaRusso house, Daniel welcoming me with a big hug.

"Angelina! How are you?" he asks me.

"I'm fine, Uncle Daniel," I say.

"Sam is upstairs. It's really great to see you," he says and I nod.

"It's great to see you, too," I say and head upstairs. I know their house pretty well since I came over all the time when I was six. "Sam?" I knock on her doorframe.

My childhood best friend smiles at me, "Angelina! Hey, Yasmine and Moon should be here soon to pick us up."

"O-Okay, how are you?" I ask. She pats a spot on her bed for me to sit.

"I'm good. I'm super excited for school to start back," she gushes.

"It'll be nice to get out of the house," I agree.

"How's your mom?" she asks me. She's the only one who knows the full extent of my mother's alcoholism. My mom is good at putting on a facade around everyone that she's perfectly fine. When she isn't.

"Um..." I shrug.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she says. Suddenly a text comes through her phone and she smiles. "They're out front. Ready? I know they'll love you."

"Uh, sure," I say and she runs out, expecting me to follow.

"Angelina," I run past Amanda LaRusso, Sam's mom.

"Hi," I say shyly.

"How are you doing?" she asks me.

"I'm fine. You?" I ask.

"I'm doing pretty well. I'm glad you moved to the area. You'll love it," she smiles. I nod, even though I already hate it.

"Angelina!" Sam yells to me and I smile to Amanda.

"I'll see you later, sorry," I apologize and run after Sam to the driveway where two girls sit in a nice car.

"Hi," Sam gets in on one side and me on the other.

"We had to wait a whole minute and twenty seconds," the blonde complains.

"Sorry, we got held up. Guys, this is-"

"Also, what is that hunk of junk in your driveway? I thought your dad sold cars," the blonde continues.

"That 'hunk of junk' is my car," I say in annoyance. So, it's a used Nissan Versa from 2009. Who cares?

"It's so... ugly," the brunette says. I look to Sam for help but she offers none.

"So, you're the kind-of-cousin Sam was telling us about?" the blonde asks, backing out of the driveway. She says it in a demeaning tone and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, I'm Angelina," I say.

"Ooh! Like Angelina Jolie," the brunette says.

"Yeah," I smile because that's my favorite response to my name. Not only is she gorgeous but she's a good person and an amazing actress.

"I'm Moon and this is Yasmine," the brunette looks back at me with a kind smile.

"I guess your name is the most glamorous thing about you," the blonde, Yasmine, says rudely.

"Angelina is the sweetest and I know you'll all be friends," Sam says hopefully. So far the vibes I'm getting from them is anything but girls I'd like to be friends with; from Yasmine, at least.

"That's... quaint," Yasmine says as she runs a red light. Oh my God.

"So, you're not in your car. What did your parents say about the... uh..." Sam implies something I don't know about.

"Is that not ever talking about it again? No. I just told them I hit a deer. They don't need to know," Yasmine says.

"About what?" I ask.

"We were in a hit-and-run the other night," Moon clarifies.

"What?" I ask in concern.

"MOON! Shut up!" Yasmine yells.

"It's not like she'll tell anyone," Sam says.

"Fine. It was a hit-and-run into some losers car. So? No questions asked from my parents it got fixed in no time. For today I'm borrowing my mom's BMW," Yasmine brags. I don't like her. "It's not like anything will come from it."

⭒⭒⭒

A/N: ...Yeah...

Anyway...

<333333333333