4.7.8

Chapter Seventy-Three: Until It's Too Late

"Even in my worst lies, you saw the truth in me. And I woke up just in time, now I wake up by your side: my one and only, my lifeline."

~Dress by Taylor Swift~

⭒⭒⭒

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

A/N: Another surprise update with surprises inside hehe.

⭒⭒⭒

Robby's POV

"...I guess it's more just hoping Sam doesn't say anything about what she found out to anybody. Do you think she will?"

Zion's words of fear echo in my head all night. I finally decide to leave the house and head to Miyagi-Do on behalf of her. I need to make sure she's going to be safe.

I walk into the dojo and it feels so wrong to be back here. Everything has changed.

Sam stands across from me drinking her water. It's amazing how I feel no emotion for her anymore.

"Robby?!" she turns around and her eyes widen. She wasn't expecting me. "What... What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk," I tell her with anger in my voice.

"Okay, um, is everything all right?" Sam plays dumb.

"No, it's not."

"O-Okay?" she asks me wearily.

"Whoa, what is he doing here?"

I turn my head and see Miguel right there. I put on a mask of being unbothered like Silver taught us. I need to let the enemy think what I want them to.

"I came to see her. This doesn't concern you, Diaz," I barely look at him.

"This isn't your dojo, so you should go," he tells me.

"Last time I checked, it wasn't yours, either," I say too proudly. I'm glad my dad and Mr. LaRusso split because then their karate will be out of here and never ruin another person's life like it did mine.

"At least I'm welcomed here," Miguel shrugs and steps closer to Sam.

"Wait," Sam stops me from moving closer to him, "what did you need to talk to me about, Robby? Maybe... Maybe we don't have to fight."

I remember the tournament in a couple of weeks. "Not yet."

"We can settle this on the mat," the Diaz boy counters.

"Robby?" Sam grabs my attention again. I remember now why I came.

"Did you tell him?" I glance at Miguel worriedly. Zion doesn't want her life broadcasted and I don't want Miguel to know anything about us.

"Tell him what?" Sam continues to play dumb, but Zion made it clear she knows everything.

"Yeah, tell me what?" Miguel is left out of the conversation. Good.

"Don't worry. It's nothing that concerns you," I assure the boy. "Unless you told him about Zion?"

Miguel's face panics as Sam responds. This is too good; I guess he doesn't know.

"No, Robby. I didn't."

"What about Zion?" Miguel asks in concern.

"It's nothing," Sam inches closer to Miguel protectively. I remember the last time I was here and how she shoved me away to protect him.