4.9.0^

Chapter Seventy-Seven: High Stakes

"But it's too late to say you're sorry. How would I know, why should I care? Please don't bother tryin' to find her. She's not there."

~She's Not There by The Zombies~

⭒⭒⭒

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Third Person POV: Next Sunday

"No."

The word Robby says most often these days.

Go out with the Cobras? No. Eat with his mom? No. Train? Yes.

That's all he can do to get his mind off of her.

One week.

Zion has been gone a week and the tournament is in only one more.

Miguel brought up the fact to Johnny once he found out about his best friend's disappearance. Johnny assured the boy that there's no way Cobra Kai would let that happen to one of their best fighters.

Daniel was approached by Sam - who was coaxed by Miguel to ask her dad - about it. He's certain that this is just another mind game Terry Silver is playing.

The kids, however, feel differently. Something is off, but they can't decipher what and there's no time to figure it out.

The tournament is approaching quickly.

Meanwhile, Terry Silver is anxious and finding unhealthy coping mechanisms. He knows he messed up with letting Zion go, but he also knows that she's not going to come back as long as he's here. The stakes and threats are too high.

"Get her out of your head while you fight," Silver trains Robby. "You're a champion. You're a winner. Zion is a traitor for leaving us."

Robby finally snaps on the fifteenth time in the last week that he's heard this.

"She is not a traitor," Robby stops training and looks at Silver in all honesty. "She's loyal. She is so loyal that sometimes it scares me. Something happened to her and I can't do anything about it."

Silver analyzes the boy.

"Use it."

"What?" he looks at his mentor in complete confusion.

"Use that anger in your fights. Save it deep down for the tournament so it can emerge and wreck your opponent."

Robby nods before practicing his routine for the special skills competition once more. All he is now is anger, so maybe there's value in what Silver says. The older man is proud of the soldier he is training.

The Valley trains every waking minute. Daniel keeps Sam out of school sometimes just for Miyagi-Do training. Everything is at stake for these three dojos.

⭒⭒⭒

Eli's POV: Last Monday

Z is missing and I refuse to believe that it's a plan Cobra Kai made. I was one of them and this is not Kreese's style. Plus, there was something so raw about Tory when she came over to Miguel at lunch. We used to be close enough for me to tell that something was wrong.