3.9.0

Chapter Forty-Eight: Two Kings and One Queen

"Listen to your heart when he's calling for you. Listen to your heart. There's nothing else you can do. I don't know where you're going and I don't know why. But, listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye."

~Listen To Your Heart by Roxette~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: September 7, 2022

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, langubage, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

I wake up the next morning groggily. I smile to myself, thinking of how well I slept. I shift on the bed of mats only to see Robby next to me.

I assess the situation, trying to remember what happened early this morning. I had a really bad nightmare about Adam and then Robby calmed me down and offered for me to sleep with him. I didn't even have the nightmares come back after that and I didn't need alcohol to help me out.

I smile down at him, even though I can feel a bit of regret. I don't know how I'm feeling about him. I don't even know how I feel about Hawk. I have to make sure not to lead him on until I'm sure.

So far I'm worried I haven't done a great job at that.

I quietly roll off the bed, trying not to move around too much. I was so safe in his arms. It was so comfortable, so natural. It's kind of freaking me out. I look at him as he sleeps; he looks so peaceful and unbothered for the first time in a while. He always seems tense nowadays, but I'm sure I do, too.

I grab my bag to get ready and realize he did end up stealing my blanket off of me in the middle of the night. I giggle to myself a little at how cute that is and go to get dressed and washed up for the day. Class starts soon and I hope Robby will join us.

I'm in my gi and finishing up my makeup when I hear Sensei Kreese grunting from the other room, most likely practicing. It's not out of the ordinary for him to do so. I move my things to their hiding spot in the dojo and then walk over to Robby as he gets ready for the day.

"Morning," I say.

He looks up at me with a smile. "Hey. Are you feeling better?"

"What?" I ask and then remember the panic attack. "Oh, yeah, I'm much better now. Thanks."

"Good," he stands up and we nod at each other awkwardly. "What's he doing in there?"

"Training," I say. "Do you want to go check it out? See how Cobra Kai operates?"

"I guess so." We walk to the main room.

"I think you'd really like it here. It's good to strike first and have an advantage on the enemy," I say.

"He rises," Sensei Kreese says when Robby walks through the doorway first and then I come behind him. "Morning."

"Morning," I return.

"Sorry you had to sleep in that small space," Sensei Kreese says. Robby looks at me with a small smirk and I blush before he turns back to Sensei.

"I've slept in rougher places," Robby says.

"Likewise," Sensei Kreese says in understanding. "If you want some coffee, it's not great, but it's hot."

I look over into the office and nod to get my cup. "You want some?" I ask Robby. He shrugs. I take that as a yes and walk away with a small smile, excited that he's here.