4.7.2^

Chapter Seventy: "Must Not Lose To Fear"

"And I don't want the world to see me 'cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am."

~Iris by Natalie Taylor~

⭒⭒⭒

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, self harm, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

A/N: This chapter has a trigger warning for SH, which I've kept away until I felt like this chapter needed it. Z is not doing anything, but it is mentioned, so please just skip the two lines where it is mentioned. I'm here if you need anything, loves.

⭒⭒⭒

Robby's POV

I don't go out to force Zion to talk to me after I hear her come in. Instead, I stay in my room. I don't know what's wrong but I think it may be all my fault. I went too far too quickly or something.

It makes me so frustrated because we were on different sides of this karate rivalry for so long and then I went to juvie and I missed so much. Now, she's more closed off and almost a different person since she doesn't smile as much anymore or express how she feels.

I know that Miguel or Hawk would know what the hell to do now, but I have no idea because I wasn't there through Janice and it makes me so fucking jealous. She's still in contact with them, too. It makes me wonder if it was something her mom did or something that Hawk had done. 

I mean, she lost to Kyler today. That wouldn't have happened normally. I don't mind Kyler too much, aside from the misogynistic shit I have to correct him on too often, but he's not a great fighter and Zion should've taken him down easily. 

I turn the butterfly keychain with "Santa Maria" on it over and over in my hands. I frown as I look down at it and try to find hope for fixing this with her. Where did I go wrong?

⭒⭒⭒

Eli's POV

I walk into school with Demetri since he stayed up all night with me playing video games. We talked about Moon and how weird it is that she asked me out.

Apparently, Moon has liked me for a while; when she broke up with Piper and when I joined Miyagi-Do, she took the chance to ask me to prom. I didn't know how to say no, but I didn't necessarily want to. I'm glad to be moving past everything Z's done. She's obviously moved on.

Moon is very quick to hold my hand and embrace me in public, which is weird since this is the second girl to ever do so with me. Z was my first and only with a bunch of things. We still haven't kissed; I want to make sure this is right and that I really like Moon.

Demetri kept talking last night, as he does, and brought up that Z had threatened Yasmine, so I'm keeping an eye on Moon. These girls don't do karate and there's no reason to drag them into this madness. Honestly, it's refreshing.

All I know is that Sam let Z come back to school after a conversation with Counselor Blatt and that her and Tory are becoming pretty popular. Z is especially popular after her protest. I'm glad she's happy deep down, though I know I'd never admit it.

"Good morning, West Valley High! Upperclassmen, don't forget to purchase your tickets for prom. We will be voting for prom court later this week. Our nominees for king are..."