4.6.6^

Chapter Sixty-Seven: All That's Left

"I always knew the world moves on. I just didn't know it would go without me. I start the day high and it ends so low 'cause I'm working for the knife."

~Working for the Knife by Mitski~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: November 3, 2023

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

I join Robby at the skate park. He skates while I text the group to figure out the details for Saturday. Plus, he's so hot to watch.

Eva to femicons: What are we going to do about Devon?

I walk over to Robby before he can skate away. He runs his fingers through his hair and turns to me with a smile.

"What's up?"

"I have to go run an errand. I shouldn't be gone long," I tell him.

"Where to?" he asks me.

"Um... I have to figure out some things with Devon," I say vaguely.

He sighs in realization. "With my dad, right?"

"Robby... I mean, it's either him or going to Sam," I say half-jokingly. "It's the lesser of two evils. I think."

"I trust you, but do you want me to come as backup?" he asks me.

"I can handle Johnny," I assure him.

"I know you can," he smirks and grabs my hand. "I just worry and overthink."

"Don't we all?"

Robby grabs my head and kisses my forehead. Then, he lets me go.

⭒⭒⭒

I went to Johnny's apartment, but he wasn't there. I decided to check his Twitter and, sure enough, he posted about Eagle Fang on there. Eventually, I make it to the address I found: an abandoned factory.

I get up my courage to walk in and pull the handle; it's heavy. I walk in to the Eagle Fang trainees doing pushups under Johnny's instruction. It blows my mind that he's a sensei still.

"Come on, Penis Breath! Good, Bert. Miss Lee, pick up the pace. Show me you deserve to fight with these boys."

"Sensei," Miguel says from where he sits watching them workout.

Miguel points at me and it makes all of them turn to me defensively.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Johnny asks defensively.

"I'm here to talk to you."

Miguel looks at me hopefully; he should know better than expect me to come back.

"I have a team to train," Johnny tells me.

"The 'team' of one girl competing for the girl's title?" I question.

Devon smiles at me, but Johnny shuts that down immediately.

"Look, your feminism is important, but Miss Lee working with you is something that I won't permit in my dojo," Johnny tells me.