5.6.5

"I picked myself back up. I put one foot in front of the other and I looked in the mirror and decided to stay. Wasn't gonna let love take me out that way."

~By The Grace Of God by Katy Perry~

⭒⭒⭒

A/N: Early update because my mental health sucks;))

Don't be fooled by the song; this chapter won't get religious at all.

Also, the recent chapters are 5.6.?+ because I have no clue how many chapters are going to be made out of episode 6 because I am nowhere near ready for episode 7.

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, gun violence, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, weapons, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

The lock on my door has disappeared. Since therapy yesterday, I think Mrs. LaRusso is beginning to trust me more. I have some things to work on to gain Daniel's trust after I went off on him, but that's not my main concern right now.

I'm still concerned about me. I'm supposed to get new medicine, go back to my therapist, and figure out how I'm going to survive on my own again once the LaRusso's hospitality disappears.

Right now, though, I'm wondering what kind of cookie I should eat. Sam and I are having a movie day, and their kitchen is full of food. Oreos, Chips Ahoy, Milanos, the kind you bake in the box, Nestle Tollhouse, Nilla Wafers, Teddy Grahams, Fudge Stripes, you name it. 

"Can you get me the Milanos?" Sam calls to me from the living room with the giant flatscreen. 

I grab those and then get classic Oreos for myself for now. I close the pantry and Anthony appears next to me.

"You're still here?" he asks as he swings the pantry door back open. 

"Um..." I look at him with a loss of words. I don't know how to be nice to him and engage with him without feeling angry about what he did to Kenny. Or, without feeling guilty about scaring him the other night.

"Anthony, stop being an ass," Sam yells. 

"Stop being a fat ass," he replies as he grabs a whole bag of Doritos.

I turn away from him and his sour attitude. I stay silent. I'm a little worried to rock the boat.

I sit down with Sam as she throws a blanket at me. "Sorry about him. He comes with the place. I tried selling him when I was six, but nobody wanted him. Shocker."

I hand her the Milanos, "It's fine."

"Any ideas about what to watch?" she asks as she flips through screen after screen endlessly.

"Something that's not a romance," I frown.

"Um..." Sam keeps looking and looking and looking. "Jumanji?"

"Is that the newer one?" I ask skeptically as I look at the TV.

"I saw it in the theaters with my dad. It was actually pretty funny," Sam shrugs.

"I'm good for anything funny," I assure her as she clicks on it.

It's so weird being in their house just casually hanging out. I'm more free than I was before. I'm slowly feeling better and better.

It's been two days since therapy, and I haven't had an urge to drink since. I have a sensory slug and the bubble wrap thing Dr. Hillard recommended, but I keep it to myself so nobody can judge me. It's not something I'm proud of having.