0.9.0

Chapter Negative Twelve: Two Days

"Say you'll see me again even if it's just in your wildest dreams."

~Wildest Dreams (Taylor's Version) by Taylor Swift~

⭒⭒⭒

Warnings: abuse, addiction, biphobia/homophobia, death, domestic violence, hospitals/medical things, language, slight smut, substance abuse, underage drinking, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

"So, I'm helping Robby pack tomorrow night since he leaves early Monday," I tell Jess as I apply my makeup. "Today is my last real time with him."

"And you're sure you don't want something more?" Jess swings her legs off the side of her bed.

I try to hide my cheeks as they flush, "I can't want something more. A long distance relationship isn't what we agreed on. Logically, it doesn't make sense. With my dad and my mom and the stress of long distance-"

"Forget what you agreed on and what's logical. If you proposed a real commitment to Robby, what would he say?" Jess questions.

"He doesn't do commitments," I shake my head, remembering the one night stands.

"He did a small one with you," she points out.

"That doesn't count, okay?" I turn to her. 

"And why not?" Jess asks. I do my eyeliner as she sits beside me on her beanbag. "I'm just saying you two are really great together. I'd hate to see something so beautiful get ruined by you two not communicating."

"It's just not for us, all right? It's not our thing," I sigh.

"It's not his thing, but it could be," she says.

"Jess, I'm done talking about this," I snap.

I look down in the silence as she frowns at my tone. God, I sounded like... like my mom.

"I'm sorry," I immediately apologize. "Everything is just so stressful."

"It's okay, Zion," she gives me a hug around my shoulders. "Don't worry about the stress and emotions you let out. It's only human."

"I just feel so tense everyday. I felt like I ruined my time with Robby yesterday when I was worrying about my dad the entire time," I sigh.

"Maybe you just need some good time alone with Robby. Alone with no distractions... maybe something physical like I did with Ana last night," she winks at me.

"You went out with Ana?" I ask. "Like, Ana Ana?"

"I sure did," she beams.

Ana is a senior and a cheerleader and she's so hot. I need more details from Jess.

"Okay, tell me everything," I rush over and sit on the bed.

⭒⭒⭒

Robby convinced me to drive all the way to LA tonight. Well, just outside of LA. I'm convinced he's insane.

"The guys swear this place is the best," Robby assures me as my junky car struggles to make it up the hill.

"And you trust them?" I ask as I take a sharp curve very slowly as the GPS instructed.

"Well, yesterday you seemed annoyed to be in Santa Maria where you knew everything," he says.