4.10.25^

Chapter Eighty-Two: Deja Vu

"They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one. They got their pitchforks and proof, their receipts and reasons. They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one, so light me up.""

~I Did Something Bad by Taylor Swift~

⭒⭒⭒

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

A/N: Sorry for being MIA!

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

The break before the semifinals feels like it lasts an eternity. Robby told me Tory probably isn't even allowed near us to talk. I need to talk to her and explain everything, but there's no time. 

We stay off to the side on our own. Both of us stand together, unsure of the future. What we do know is that we can face everything together.

Johnny approaches us and Robby pulls me to his side protectively. The blond man wears an awkward smile, "You two... still weird me out."

"I'm here to stay," I glance at Robby fondly.

"And, you left Cobra Kai for her?" he turns to his son.

"Yeah," Robby smirks confidently.

"Damn."

"What do you need from us?" I ask him, knowing that he didn't intend to make any small talk.

"I um... I was actually just headed to the bathroom," he smiles sheepishly.

"Of course," Robby rolls his eyes and we step aside. 

I can still feel the tension between these two. Even I'm weary with Johnny after what happened in the medical room, though things seem better between us.

"And, um, where's Miguel?" Johnny asks me. 

Robby looks down at the mention of the boy he's most jealous of as I respond, "I don't know anything more than you do, except that he was hesitant and he made his choice. I accepted it and now it's time for you to, too. You have to respect his choice."

"It's my fault," he admits. "I pushed him too far and ruined things. I, um, do that a lot."

His eyes drift over me and Robby for a moment. Neither of us say anything, though, because we aren't at the point where we say, "No, it's not your fault," yet.

"Well, I'm proud of you both for breaking free of those clowns," he gestures to the senseis of the Cobras. "Um, bye."

Johnny heads to the bathroom and I pull Robby into a hug. I tilt his head down and kiss his forehead. He pulls me in closer and I hear him sniffle.

"Don't cry. I'll cry, too," I giggle in his grasp.

"I want to forgive him so damn bad, but every time I see him I just think about the failures," he mumbles into my hair.

"Someone gave me a piece of advice a little while ago. I wasn't expecting it to ever make sense, but each day it becomes more and more relevant. It went something like: For someone with no forgiveness in their heart, living is an even worse punishment than death," I recall.

Robby nods before letting out a sigh of relief, "That's pretty wise. Who told you that one?"

I glance over at Miyagi-Do, "Mr. Miyagi."