2.1.0

Chapter Fourteen: Secrecy

"I've lived long enough to have learned the closer you get to the fire the more you get burned. But that won't happen to us 'cause it's always been a matter of trust."

~A Matter of Trust by Billy Joel~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: July 8, 2022

Warnings: abuse, domestic violence, sexual harassment/assault, language, violence, light smut, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

Robby to Z: Hey, Zion. Yeah, you still have the right number

Z to Robby: Hi, great

Robby to Z: Cool

Robby to Z: So hey, what are you doing tomorrow?

This catches me by surprise. He really did want to meet up with me and talk; it would be a lie if I said I didn't, too. But I have my victory lunch tomorrow.

Z to Robby: CK is getting together for a victory party :/

Robby to Z: Oh, all day?

Z to Robby: Well, just during the day, not nighttime

Robby to Z: Can we meet up then? At the beach maybe?

Z to Robby: Sure. Let's catchup

Robby to Z: Cool, see you then :)

I finish changing after my shower and walk back to the guest room where my stuff is. I grab a big sweatshirt because it's kind of cold inside here, despite it being summer in California. I leave my shorts on, though, and walk out to find Hawk. I guess I won't tell him I'm meeting up with Robby, just so he doesn't flip out.

"Hey," I go into his room to see him in just gray sweatpants. Oh.

"Hey," he turns to me. "Did you have a good shower? Took you long enough."

"Yeah, I did," I say and sit on his bed. "Is your mom working late again?"

"Yeah, she keeps having to cover other people's shifts," he sighs and sits beside me.

"That sucks for her," I say, "but could be good for us." I lean in for a kiss. 

"The liquor cabinet is down there."

"Good idea," I say and jump up.

I pull him with me as we run downstairs and look through it.

"Wait, won't she notice it's missing?" Hawk asks me.

I shake my head. "Not if I replace it all before she can look."

"Good enough for me," he says.

I grab a bottle of something.  "How do we feel about wine?"

"I'm more of a beer guy," he shrugs.

"You only drank once," I tease and he rolls his eyes. "But okay. Do we have cold beer?"

"Yeah, in the outside fridge. Let me go get it," he says as I close the cabinet and look for some kind of chip to eat with it. "To celebrate Miguel's victory," Hawk announces as he walks back in and I smile at the case of beer he holds.