2.3.25^

Chapter Nineteen: Edge of Seventeen

"So with the slow, graceful flow of age I went forth with an age old desire to please on the edge of seventeen."

~Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: July 10, 2022

Warnings: abuse, domestic violence, sexual harassment/assault, language, violence, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

My eyes flutter open when I smell something sweet. I take a deep breath of what smells like... syrup? I turn to look at the clock to see it's 7:05am. I sit up and grab my phone, only to see it's already blowing up with messages.

Jess to Z: Happy birthday !! I miss you. Call me later

Brian to Z: happy birthday bitchhh;)

Katie to Z: happy happy birthday! come visit us sometime soon

Reid to Z: Happy birthday, grandma 

Robby to Z: Happy Birthday! I know it's probably a rough day since it's the first year without him, so I'm here if you need anything 

Robby to Z: image

I look at the attached image and see it's of Robby and I one year ago yesterday. I smile at the memory, remembering that we had to meet up the day before my birthday because I spent my whole birthday with my dad. Plus, Robby wasn't able to be with me in Santa Maria on my actual birthday. 

The picture of me from a year ago is like a different person. She had brown hair that was shorter than it is now. She was definitely sad from her dad being in the hospital, but she still had hope and her innocence, it seemed. 

This year I've lost a lot, but I've also gained a lot. When I first moved here, I was apprehensive to make new friends. But then I met Miguel and then Eli and then Aisha and then I joined Cobra Kai. Now, I have a brotherhood and sisterhood with everybody. I'm not saying I like change in the slightest, but I am thankful for what I have now.

While I know today is my birthday, I don't want to make a big deal about it. I probably won't even mention it to Hawk's parents. Besides, I have Cobra Kai to focus on today. Sensei learned from Aisha that the Miyagi-Do dojo is doing a presentation at Valley Fest tonight and he's ready to strike back. So, we're putting on a show and we have to figure out what to put in it. I put on a cute top with leggings and make my way downstairs. 

"Happy birthday," a voice says from behind me before I descend on the stairs. I turn and see my boyfriend smiling at me. 

"Thank you," I blush as he walks over and pulls me in for a kiss. "This early?" I ask before our lips connect.

"Oh," he backs away and I laugh at his face.

"I was just kidding. Come here," I pull him in for a passionate kiss. At least I have somebody to have a good day with.