3.10.5

Chapter Fifty: Resurrection

"Up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness. Because none of it was ever worth the risk. But you are the only exception."

~The Only Exception by Paramore~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: September 7, 2022

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

I'm so sad this is the last chapter of Season 3, but I will be doing bonus content while we all await the release of Season 4.

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

I walk into the dojo and instantly see the destruction.

"What..." my voice is almost inaudible as I look around, devastated that what's practically my home is destroyed. It looks like an earthquake hit. I really have lost everything.

"It's probably not safe to spend the night here," Sensei Kreese speaks up. I see the windows are broken, leaving an unintended entrance. He's right. It's not safe. Nothing is anymore.

I try to hold in my tears as I take in the fact that my world has literally come crashing down tonight.

"You have cuts all over your arms," Robby observes in concern. I almost forgot he was here; I feel so empty that it surprises me anybody cares.

"We... We lost tonight," I admit softly. 

"No you didn't," Sensei Kreese speaks up behind me. "The fight isn't over until you say it is."

I keep my head down and sigh. I trust my Sensei, but my faith in success is dwindling.

I walk over to the weapons that fell on the ground. I pick them up and set them back in their place on the wall. I have to keep moving to prevent from giving up for good.

I turn back to Robby and see he's watching me. I turn away in embarrassment, deciding it's best to go find the first aid kit. The cut on his head is really messed up. I walk into the bathroom and get some paper towels. I then grab the first aid kit from under the sink and walk back out to Robby.

Sensei Kreese is in his office while Robby is gone. I walk to the back room and see him sitting on his makeshift bed with his bag of belongings on his lap.

"Press this on your cut to stop the bleeding," I hold out the paper towels for him. My voice is dead; you can hear the hopelessness. "We have to treat it now. Otherwise it could scar or get infected."

He accepts the towels and I sit across from him with the kit. "Just like old times," he reminds me with a bittersweet tone in his voice.

I used to help him clean up after he would fall and get hurt skateboarding. It's a memory I actually forgot, until now.

It's how I got so good at fixing myself up after Janice would hurt me.

He holds the paper towels lightly to his wound and I speak up, "You have to apply pressure."

He corrects himself as I and open the kit. I grab a large bandaid for him. I look up and he's still looking at me. 

"Aren't you going to fix yourself up?" he asks me.