4.6.4

Chapter Sixty-Six: 99% of Women

"Don't need money, don't need fame. I just want to make a change"

~Oh No! by MARINA~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: November 3, 2023

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

Robby seems silent as I drive us towards the dojo.

"What's wrong?" I ask him in concern.

"Mr. LaRusso came and saw me today."

I almost slam on the breaks at the sentence, "What? Why?"

"He was trying to warn me about Sensei Silver," he shrugs.

"Warn you?" I ask curiously.

"Something about me not being 'me' anymore after Silver teaches me," Robby explains. "He needs a male champion for Miyagi-Do and came to get me back. He's pathetic, just like my dad."

I flashback to the training Sensei Silver gave me the other night and how I felt different. But, I'm still me.

"Oh, I found another person to help on Saturday," I tell him when he mentions Johnny.

"Oh, yeah?" he asks.

"It's an Eagle Fang student. Their only girl."

"No, you can't-"

"Robby, Eva says it's the only way to get the board to even consider us. This can't be a Cobra Kai-driven thing. It has to be all the girls from multiple dojos," I tell him. "Devon just joined and it's not going to be anything dramatic."

"If you say so," he slumps in the passenger seat.

I pull up to Cobra Kai and see Tory standing outside smoking. It shocks me; I haven't seen her in a while.

"Hey," I get out of the car and walk over to her.

"Hi," she lets out a puff of smoke in the direction of no one. "Haven't talked in a while."

"I'm sorry. I've been busy," I apologize.

"Yeah, me too. My crazy aunt threatened my family and I went over to the LaRusso's house. I'm coming back to school tomorrow," she inhales and exhales.

"Wait, what?" I try to comprehend the insanity that just left her mouth.

I see Robby enter the dojo in my peripheral vision.

"Aunt Kandace is a bitch. She wants my mom's disability checks that I use for me and Brandon. She's... not a good person," Tory tries to make it sound less awful than I can tell it is.

"I'm sorry," I frown. "I had no idea."

She takes a pack out of her jeans and then a lighter, "Want one?"

"Not right now. I quit for so long that I don't even want to go back. They kind of remind me of my mom," I sigh. "I guess we both have shallow, bitch-faced relatives."

"I guess," she nods.

"So, what's this about the LaRussos?" I ask.

"I asked Sam's mom, Amanda, to sign off on me going back to West Valley. I really need to get back into school so I can graduate and be a good guardian for Brandon. I can't have Kandace taking him away," Tory explains.