4.8.75

Chapter Seventy-Eight: The Star and Her Star

"I got you figured out. You need to have control. You think that I don't know you... Trying to tell you now, 'I've been doing what you want, but I won't be your yes girl, no, not anymore.'"

~Yes Girl by Bea Miller~

⭒⭒⭒

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, language, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV: Last Sunday Morning

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

I groan as my eyes open to look at them, "Jess?"

"How are you feeling?" Jess sits on the floor beside the couch I'm on.

"What? Why am I here?" I ask in confusion.

"You came here last night," they explain. "You were kind of out of it."

"I'll say," I sigh as I sit up and hold my head. It throbs in pain. I touch my neck as I feel extreme pain, but pull my hands away immediately, "Ow."

"We had you collapse out here after taking pain meds and icing, but I think you need to see a doctor. Your neck is purple and brown." 

My heart wrenches as I remember Terry Silver betraying everything I ever knew about myself and ruining my life. 

"No," I argue about the doctor, "I can't go out of here. It's too dangerous. I-I can't."

The memories of last night flood back to me. I felt like I was in a haze as I ran away from the dojo and all the way to Shannon's to get my car.

"Who did this to you?" Jess questions in concern.

I let out a sob that hurts my lungs and I begin to cough.

"Mama Jaz left for work already, but Mama Liz is here if you need her," Jess assures me. "I'm going to get her to take you to the hospital, all right?"

"I can't."

"I've never seen you this... broken"

I drop my head in dismay and humiliation.

"Please, let me help. I don't think my crystals can mend all of this."

⭒⭒⭒

We leave the hospital with an expensive bill and a bunch of prescriptions to fill. I feel so guilty.

"Can I have my phone back?" I ask Jess.

"No," they say, "you have a concussion."

"A mild concussion. They said it'll be gone in less than a week," I argue.

"I agree with Jess," Liz speaks up. She unlocks the car and we get in. "You're on bed rest for a while and no electronics."

"I can answer any and all texts and calls you want me to," Jess assures me.

"I don't feel like talking to anyone," I shake my head.

The look of concern Liz and Jess exchange doesn't go unnoticed by me.

"Going out anywhere has the risk of them finding me."

"You don't want to be found?" Jess turns to me in the back seat.