4. Dinner

It took Scott a while to get back home to his boyfriend, due to an accident on the main road from Mitch's place to his. So once he was back home, he went into the kitchen where Nick was looking into a pot with pasta. "Hey, Love. I'm sorry for being late."

Nick pressed a soft kiss onto the blonde's jawline. "I know. Heard about the accident on the radio. Thankfully no one was hurt" he replied. 

"Mmhm... what are you making?" Scott asked.

Nick chuckled. "Someone is hungry," he said. 

Scott nodded. "Was a long day" he replied and stifled a yawn. 

"We're having Spaghetti Carbonara with a good salad" Nick explained. "I thought that traffic would be unpredictable and Carbonara is quick and easy."

"And I love a good pasta" Scott added.

"I know," Nick said. "Anyway, do you want to go to the bathroom before dinner? I'll be ready in 10."

"Yes," Scott replied. 

When Scott came back downstairs he saw that Nick wasn't in the kitchen anymore, so he went into the living room where the brunette was already sitting at the table. "Hi," he said and sat down on his chair, noticing the bouquet of red and white roses immediately. "Beautiful flowers" he commented.

Nick smiled. "They're for you, Scott. I thought about your words and I get it. Going on tour is part of your job and even if I don't like it, I have to accept it if I want to stay with you" he said. "I hope you can accept my apology."

Scott looked at the flowers once more and then at his boyfriend. "Nick, I already forgave you. I didn't like the misunderstanding, but it's okay. It would have been different if we had more time to talk. But thank you for the wonderful flowers. And the food."

"You're welcome" Nick said. "Enjoy your dinner, I hope you like it." 

Scott smiled. "I will" he replied and then took a fork full of pasta. "Oh this is so good," he said once he had swallowed.

Nick chuckled. "Thank you. There's more in the kitchen, just in case. I just plated it this way so it would look nice."

"Oh I'll definitely keep that in mind" Scott replied. "How was your day?" 

They talked avidly while each devouring two portions of Carbonara and salad and Scott felt good. He loved how easy evenings could be with Nick, loved how they never ran out of topics to talk about. 

"Is there anything else you want to do tonight?" Scott asked his boyfriend as they were cleaning the kitchen together. 

"Hmm, I could always go for a bath, but then again we took one last night," Nick said. 

Scott chuckled. "Well, I wouldn't mind bathing, but I could do with a quick shower..." He approached his boyfriend and wrapped his arms around his waist from behind. Then he leaned up and pressed a soft kiss right below Nick's right here, smirking when he felt the brunette shuddering. "Just in case bathing is turning into a euphemism for you?" 

Nick chuckled. "I..." he shook his head and laid it back onto Scott's shoulder. "You caught me red-handed. But then again I wouldn't mind taking an actual bath with you. We could take the remaining Primitivo and just relax or talk..."

Scott grinned. "I'd love this."

Nick smiled. "Wonderful. I can finish here so you could go and pour a bath?" 

"I will," Scott said, but he didn't move away, instead he placed soft kisses along the brunette's neck and finally bit down on a sensitive spot right above his clavicle. When he heard Nick hiss, he sucked on the skin effectively creating a hickey. "Don't take too long," he said before he turned away and left the kitchen

~

"We'll regret not cleaning the bathroom tomorrow" Scott mumbled when they were both lying in their dishevelled bed, Scott on his stomach and Nick half on top of him.

"Oh you can get up and clean now but I am not moving an inch" Nick mumbled.

"Well, I doubt that I can get up right now and it's your fault" Scott returned. 

Nick chuckled. "Well last time I checked you didn't mind it, even were urging me on to go harder on you..."

Scott laughed breathily. "True," he said. "And it's always amazing in the moment but afterwards I tend to question my sanity."

"I know, but you'll feel better in no time." Nick pressed a soft kiss onto his boyfriend's neck and the blonde sighed softly. 

"I will..." he mumbled and felt a shiver running down his spine when he felt Nick's stubble rubbing over his shoulder blade. 

"Cold?" Nick asked with a soft voice.

"Little bit. Snuggle up?"

Nick smiled. "Of course," he said. "I'll just go and make sure that we pulled the plug of the bathtub" he said and got up slowly

While his boyfriend was away, Scott slowly shifted so he was lying on his side and grabbed some wet wipes from the nightstand to clean himself up. 

"Bathroom looks okay. And I'm only leaving at 9 tomorrow, I can clean" Nick said when he joined Scott in the bedroom and laid down next to him, pulling the blanket over their bodies. 

"Mmhm, I only have to be at the studio at 12, I'll help" Scott mumbled after he had snuggled up against Nick's side.

"Late start and late night?" Nick asked.

"I assume," Scott said and sighed. "No bath tomorrow."

Nick chuckled. "Pity" he commented. 

"Yep," Scott replied. He shifted a bit so he was able to look at Nick. "But at least I'll see Esther tomorrow, so I can take care of your visit to Europe."

"Good..." Nick said. "Looking forward."

"Me too..." Scott felt silent for a moment, he was too comfortable in Nick's arms and he almost felt himself drift off when he remembered something. "Nick?"

"Yes, Scotty?" 

"Mitch asked me about Mykonos..."

"Scott..." 

The blonde noticed the undertone in his boyfriend's voice and sighed. "I would love to go. It's only for a week. We can go somewhere else afterwards? Just the two of us... wherever you want to go. My treat!"

"Is it so important to you?" Nick asked while he absentmindedly raked his fingers through Scott's hair.

"It is..." Scott said. "And it's going to be a lot of fun. You'll love it. Maybe we'll even have a nice bathtub in our room..."

Nick chuckled softly. "Mykonos it is" he agreed and pressed a soft kiss onto the top of Scott's head. "Love you."

Scott pressed a kiss onto his neck. "Love you too" he returned and got comfortable as Nick turned off the lights. He was genuinely happy to be lying in his boyfriend's arms after a wonderful evening filled with good food, conversation and sex.

He sighed softly when he felt Nick's grip on him tighten momentarily and drifted off thinking happy thoughts.

~~~~