47. Sunrise Hike

Even though getting up the next morning wasn't easy, they made it out while it was still dark. They walked along the beach and up a little hill while the sun started to rise, hitting the summit just in time to see the sun coming up over the horizon.

"It was a good idea to come out that early," Scott said. He was standing next to Mitch and had a fresh bottle of water in his hand.

Mitch hummed. "It was. It's so peaceful and beautiful at the same time. I might go for an afternoon nap, but I feel really good." He took a deep breath. "How did you sleep, Scott? You were rather restless when I left you last night but I figured that you and Avi would figure it all out."

"We did," Scott said. "Had a sleepover in my room.

Mitch grinned. "A sleepover. That's interesting."

"It was very nice," Scott said. "Just some cuddles. It was PG."

"Thirteen. It was PG 13" Avi interjected. He had joined them after taking a picture of the sunrise.

Scott grinned. "That's true" he agreed and sighed softly. "Still, it was so nice. Oh and Esther texted before we went to sleep. They are on it and he'll get a call asking him to take the picture down immediately, otherwise, they'll make him pay or sue him, I don't know how it works" he explained.

Mitch nodded. "That's good," he said and smiled when he saw Scott pulling Avi into his arms. He left them alone and went over to Kirstie who was standing there alone while Ben was taking pictures.

The bearded man ended up with his back towards Scott's front and to Mitch, it looked utterly comfortable. Even though he never pictured the two men together it was a match and they looked like a true and happy couple together.

"Penny for your thoughts, Mitch?" Kirstie asked.

"They look like they've been together forever," Mitch said. "I'm kinda envious, yet happy for them at the same time."

Kirstie looked over and nodded. "They look very comfortable with each other and yet I find myself wondering whether they'll be able to last once they're back in LA."

Mitch sighed. "Me too. I just hope that they'll be fine. Because right now Scott is head over heels for him. And we don't have to talk about Avi."

Kirstie nodded. "Yeah. I don't want Avi to get hurt. He'll accept it if Scott decided against him but still, he'll be hurt."

"But Avi told Scott about his feelings and Scott thought about it before he made a move. I'm sure of it" Mitch said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Let's just hope Avi is not his rebound," Kirstie replied.

"To me, it looks too serious to be a rebound" Mitch argued. "And I've been through more than on break up with Scott and his rebounds are usually solely about sex without feelings attached. But then again his whole relationship with Nick was about sex and not about the physical affection Avi shows him. And according to Scott, they had a sleepover last night without anything sexual happening." The brunette looked over to the two men and saw that they were talking while watching the sunrise together. "I don't want them to fuck up."

Kirstie sighed. "Let's just agree that we hope for the best. We'll see how it works out once we're back home" she said.

"Yeah" Mitch sighed. "I can't believe that we're leaving Mykonos in just three days."

"Yeah, I know. There's only tomorrow where we're going on our bike tour and the day after. But at least we're getting a few more days in Athens while you are heading home."

Mitch shrugged his shoulders. "But I am going to New York for fashion week and it'll be a lot of fun so I don't mind."

"Oh yes. New York is always fun" Kirstie agreed. She smiled when Ben joined them and put an arm around her. "Also you're probably happy to get away from two couples. I hope we don't make you feel like the fifth wheel."

Mitch shook his head. "Not at all. I really enjoyed this vacation" he explained. "The group was easy going and just good." He smiled at her. "Plus I didn't know that this would be happening right here." He nodded over to Scott and Avi, who were lost in their own world.

~

The next three days passed quicker than all of them had anticipated. They enjoyed a beach day, one day on which they explored the island on bikes and the last day which they spent in the city and on the beach.

In the evening, after one last dinner at their favourite restaurant, their ways parted. Kirstie, Mitch and Ben headed to the beach bar while Scott and Avi decided to head down to the beach for a walk.

They were walking hand in hand while the sun was setting slowly.

"You've been quiet during dinner," Avi said after a while. "Did anything happen?"

Scott shook his head. "Not at all," he said. "The cease and desist order is working and I'm glad about that. I'm just a bit sad that our vacation is over."

"We're still going to Athens. We'll get another four days and three nights together" Avi reminded him.

Scott smiled slightly. "I know. And I am excited to explore more with you and with Ben and Kirstie, of course." He stopped in his tracks and looked at the bearded man. "But what if we're back in America?"

Avi took Scott's other hand as well. "Well, you're going to Texas and I am going to Visalia," he said.

Scott sighed and looked down. "That's not what I meant, Avi and you know it."

Avi smiled. "I know. And I know what you meant. But it is up to you, Scott. You know what I think about you. You know that I want to be with you but only if this is what you want as well. If you need space while you're working through whatever happened in your last relationship, I'll be standing by" he explained patiently.

Scott sighed once again. "I know, Avi, but I feel bad making you wait" he explained.

Avi raised his hand and softly stroked the blonde's cheek. "I'd rather you take the time you need, Scott. I want you to be ready for a relationship," Avi replied.

"Avi..." Scott said. He sighed because he didn't know what to say. But the soft touch on his skin felt so good. "Are you saying we have until we touch down in America and then we'll take a break?"

"No. Not at all. I don't want a break. I'll always be around. And I want to go on dates, maybe some hikes, bike rides, I don't know" he said. "Whatever you are comfortable with."

Scott nodded. He was silent for a while and looked out to where the sun was setting. "I think I get what you mean" he finally spoke up. "We're so far away from home, away from all our problems, but they're not gone. I still need to go to a therapist and I don't know how it will be. And I am glad that you're there and being so attentive, Avi. Thank you. But... can we think about something else now? I mean we still have this evening and then three more in Athens and I want to enjoy them."

Avi smiled. "Fine with me. Shall we head back to the others, have a few of those delicious cocktails and enjoy our last night here in Mykonos?"

Scott nodded. "Sounds like a wonderful plan," he said and kissed the bearded man softly.

~~~~