59. Ice Cream

"The pasta!"

Scott was taken aback when Avi turned away from him and cursed as he opened the pot. The blonde then leaned over his shoulder and chuckled. "Well, I guess this used to be pasta."

"You're not helping" Avi commented when he drained the pasta and then looked at the lump of dough in the sieve. "This is not edible."

"Definitely not. Do you have more? We can just cook another batch and set a timer or not make out while we're waiting" Scott advised.

"Usually I wouldn't deny making out with you but you're definitely right" Avi replied as he set up a fresh pot of water. "And of course I have more pasta. It's a staple and always a quick dinner after a way too long day at the studio."

In the end, it took Avi an additional fifteen minutes to finish the second batch of pasta and they had a wonderful dinner.

"This was so delicious, Avi," Scott said as he laid down his cutlery. "Thank you for cooking."

"You're welcome, Scott. And I hope you're not full, yet because I might have an idea for dessert" Avi said and took a sip from his wine.

Scott raised an eyebrow. "An idea?"

Avi nodded. "Yeah. I didn't prepare anything, but there is a new ice-cream parlour nearby and I thought we could take a walk and get some for dessert? I know how much you like a good ice cream" he said.

"Oh, that's a good idea. Ice cream and a walk. Such a wonderful idea" Scott said and smiled at the bearded man.

Avi smiled. "Good" he returned and finished his wine. "Do you want to head out right now or later? We could watch the sunset from a nice spot if we wait a while..."

Scott nodded. "Sure, I mean we could sit down on the sofa and continue where we left off before dinner..."

Avi chuckled. "You'd like that, hmm?"

"You would, too" Scott returned.

The two men quickly cleared the table and then went into the living room to get comfortable on the sofa.

"I wanted to apologise once again," Scott said while Avi was still getting something to drink.

"What for?" Avi asked.

"Not replying to your texts. I saw them and I was happy that you thought of me, but I just couldn't" Scott returned.

"And that's okay, Scott. Yes, we're dating, but that doesn't mean that we have to be attached at the hip" Avi said. "But you are okay now?"

Scott nodded. "Yes, I definitely am. I-" he began and then shook his head.

"What is it?" Avi asked. "If you want to tell me something, I'll listen."

"That's no date talk..." Scott said.

"Why? We're having a date and if we talk about something it's date talk" Avi returned and sat down next to Scott. He took his hands. "Is it about your therapy session?"

"Mmhm" Scott hummed in agreement. "We talked about the relationship between him and me and it was so hard to realise where it all went downhill. What he did to manipulate me, more than I realised. I really was a wreck afterwards and needed space."

Avi nodded. "I get that. But the fact that you're working through all the aspects of the relationship is good, isn't it?"

"It is good and I really like my therapist's approach there. But it will be tough" Scott replied.

"If you want me around, just let me know. And if you rather spend some time alone, it's fine, too. I'm aware of your appointments and I will wait until you're ready. Please don't worry about me, take care of yourself first" Avi said softly.

"Thank you," Scott said. "I just want to work through the whole thing as quickly as possible so I can move on. I want to move on."

Avi smiled. "I want you to move on, as well, partly because I want you to be happy with me, but I know that it takes time. And it will be worth it, I know that."

Scott smiled at him. "I hope so. I want it to be worth it. For me and for us." He looked down at their interlocked hands and caressed Avi's with his thumb. He was comfortable next to Avi. It was so natural and he liked the fact that they were able to talk and also be quiet together. "We were supposed to continue where we left off before dinner, though..." he finally spoke up.

"Maybe, but the night is still young, Scott. And I feel like this talk was important to you" Avi returned.

"Mmhm" Scott hummed. "Maybe we could go out for the walk and the ice cream? I wouldn't mind some fresh air."

"Sure" Avi returned and got up, pulling the blonde with him. They left the house and walked down the street holding hands. They talked quietly about the time they spent with their parents and what they did during the time they were apart. They stopped for ice cream before Avi led Scott into a small park.

"It's beautiful here," Scott said and licked at his ice cream. "And the ice cream is really good. I should come here more often."

Avi chuckled. "I don't mind" he returned. "And yes, this ice cream is amazing. They are new and brought a lot of knowledge from their Italian heritage and it shows."

"Mmhm" Scott hummed. "It really shows" he agreed.

Scott and Avi walked through the park and watched the sunset from a bench. It was a wonderful evening, and neither of them wanted it to end.

This is why Scott walked back with Avi and accepted his invitation inside for another drink.

"Thank you," Scott said when Avi handed him the mug of freshly brewed coffee. 

"You're welcome" Avi returned and took his tea. "I still don't get how you drink coffee all day and night..."

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe I am so used to it that the caffeine is not working anymore? I don't know." He took a sip and then followed Avi into the living room.

They sat down on the sofa once again and placed their drinks on the table. It was only a matter of moments before Scott pulled Avi in and connected their lips in a soft kiss. And this time there was no pasta boiling or anything else going on to distract them. Only their coffee and tea were sitting on the coffee table getting cold, but neither of them minded that.

~~~~