38. Ouzo Tasting

Two days later, Avi, Mitch and Scott got ready for their ouzo tasting. They had already booked a cab that would bring them to the northern part of the island where the tasting would take place.

Scott was already finished and sitting on the sofa with a glass of orange juice in his hand. He was scrolling through Twitter. Nick had, of course, texted him twice more, but Scott had told him that he would block him if he texted him again. That had, surprisingly, silenced him and Scott had been able to enjoy the time.

The blonde looked up when he heard something and smiled when Avi came downstairs. "Oh wow! Is that outfit new?" He asked immediately when he saw the bearded man. He was wearing a pair of light beige shorts and a light, short-sleeved button-up which was light olive and had floral accents. It was a bit tighter and hugged Avi's body perfectly.

"Thanks," Avi said. "Mitch picked it out for me. I would've gotten a size bigger, but he said I would look like a Grandpa if I wore a size bigger." He shrugged his shoulders.

Scott chuckled. "Yeah, that's Mitch" he replied. "But I have to say that he did a good job putting you into the tighter shirt. You look hot. Especially with the open buttons."

Avi blushed slightly. "Thanks," he said. "Maybe I should take Mitch more often?"

"Oh, I would definitely come" Mitch announced as he stepped out of his room. "Especially because it is so much fun dressing you up. And the outcome is so damn handsome! And the shirt paired with your button-phobia, perfect."

Avi blushed even more. "Stop it," he said.

Scott chuckled. "You don't like compliments?" he asked.

"I do," Avi said. "But they always make me a bit flustered. Sorry, but I really appreciate them."

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "I think it's cute," he said.

"Cute?" Mitch giggled. "What has you in such a good mood?"

"Can't a man be happy and excited to spend the afternoon with his two handsome and wonderful friends and booze?" Scott replied.

"Of course you can," Avi said happily. "Shall we then? Our cab should be here in 10 and we still need to walk a bit to get there."

~

The ouzo tasting session was amazing. It took place in a family-owned distillery that was set on the side of a hill. First, they were shown the process of making the drink before being seated at a table on the terrace. They were served mezedes, greek finger food and a variety of ouzos. From Dimitros, the old owner of the distillery they learned a lot about Greek culture.

It was a wonderful evening. Dimitrios made sure that they noticed the difference between the different kinds of ouzos, all coming from other little distilleries from different parts of Greece, by always filling up their empty glasses.

"You just want to get us drunk so we buy all the ouzo, Dimitros" Scott complained when he sipped on yet another glass.

"Oh, he doesn't have to get me drunk. This one right here is so good" Avi replied. "No offence, yours is a close second though."

Dimitrios chuckled. "I like this one best, too" he agreed. "The flavours are well balanced, it is perfect. Also, Scott. If I wanted to get you drunk, I would get out some wine." He pondered for a moment. "Actually, wine is a wonderful idea, isn't it? I have a wonderful retsina from the winery I get the pressed grapes from for my ouzo."

Scott nodded immediately. "Wine sounds like a good idea right now," he said and looked at his friends. "Doesn't it?"

Before they had the opportunity to answer, Dimitros got up and fetched a bottle and four glasses for the wine. "Here you go, boys" he commented and grinned when they all took their glasses and sipped the wine.