78. Break

"I'll go," Mitch said immediately after Scott had left the room.

Avi just nodded. He was shocked to see Scott like this, distraught, and making false accusations.

"Sit down, Avi, come on." Kevin took his hand, led him over to a chair and helped him sit down.

"What happened? Why did he say that?" Avi asked.

"I wish I could give you an answer," Kevin said. "I just think he is way too overwhelmed and he had to let it out somehow."

"But I didn't do anything wrong, I just wanted to help him. Why does he just push me away?" Avi asked.

"I don't have a clue, Avi. I know how much he means to you and I've seen you take care of him" Kevin replied.

Avi hummed and then looked up at Kirstie. "Did he say anything while you were out getting coffee?"

"No" the young woman replied. She sat down next to him and took his hand. "But I noticed that something was wrong. I tried to talk to him while we were waiting but he seemed as if he didn't want to be there with me at all. I just got the information that the hearing is next Friday." She shrugged his shoulders. "So I am as clueless as you are."

"Mmhm," Avi hummed. "What do we do now?"

"We should call it a day, at least regarding the studio" Kevin replied. "You are in no condition to work and I don't think Scott will come back."

Kirstie noticed how Avi tensed and squeezed his hand softly. "Mitch is with him, nothing bad will happen. And who knows, maybe he will be able to help him."

"That's true, Avi" Kevin chimed in. "Now come on, we should get you home. Is your car still here?"

Avi nodded. "Yeah, but I can drive..."

"You won't drive," Kevin said. "You're too tired. I'll drive you. No discussion."

Avi sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "Okay" he said. "Thanks."

"Shall we take your car as well? One of us could drive it and then we'll come back to pick up the other car?" Kirstie asked.

Avi shrugged his shoulders. "I don't care. I can pick up my car tomorrow with an uber or so..."

"Or you can accept our offer and not have any issues with the car tomorrow" Kirstie returned.

Avi sighed. "I don't want to be a burden, I don't need two people to take care of me."

"We just want to help you," Kevin said. "We don't mind driving you. So unless you mind one of us driving your car, we'll do it."

"But..."

"No but Avi. Accept help for once."

"Okay. Thank you" the bearded man finally said and got up. "Can we go? I kinda want to cuddle up on the sofa and sleep. Maybe order some pizza."

Kirstie smiled at him. "Sure."

~

"Scott, wait!" Mitch was able to catch up with his best friend before he was able to leave the building.

"Why? I told you that I need a break." Scott said and opened the door.

"I get that but maybe you also need someone to talk to?" Mitch returned. "Or someone to just be with you?"

Scott stopped in his tracks. "You won't accept if I say no, right?"

"Right."

The blonde sighed and held the door open so Mitch could pass him.