chapter 5: Tour of Hogwarts

"Well there we have it! Welcome to Slytherin y/n, please go find a seat at the table and enjoy your first breakfast as a Hogwarts student, and come find me after!" Dumbledore said smiling and patting me on the back, nudging me towards the table. "Now everyone enjoy!" he said as he snapped his fingers and breakfast foods of all different kinds appeared on the tables and students began to dig in immediately.  The cheers had finally calmed down and I walked over to the table looking for a empty spot. "Hey y/n come come here and sit with us!" I saw a boy with  very blonde hair holler to me. He had two other boys sitting across from him staring back and forth between me and this odd looking boy. I walked over and sat next to him smiling. "Hi" I said softly. "I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy and this is Crabbe and that's Goyle" he said pointing to the two boys across from him. "Oh well it's nice to meet you" "oh the pleasure is all mine" Draco said a little suspiciously if I might add, I can usually read people somewhat well and he seemed like a little trouble maker. I'd have to be careful with this one. I reached over and grabbed a biscuit from the mounds of food and put some jelly and butter on it. "Oh c'mon y/n all this food and you can have any of it, and you're just gonna settle for a biscuit." I looked at the blonde boy and just nodded my head and took a bite. I looked to his friends and they were stuffing their faces with eggs and bacon. "So y/n tell me about yourself" Draco asked as he bit into his pancakes. "Ok, well I transferred from Beauxbatons and I'm a sixth year, and my parents just divorced, which is why I was forced to go here." I said getting a cup of orange juice and taking a sip. "Oh so if you went to Beauxbatons you must be filthy rich. I'm sure you are based on the look of ya, and I myself am pretty wealthy. I don't know if you've heard of my father Lucius Malfoy, but we are a pretty esteemed pureblood family of Slytherins" he said smugly bragging like I cared, which I guess he couldn't tell I didn't. "Well I wouldn't say rich, but I am fortunate enough. Depends on how you look at it." I said smiling. "Hmm and are you a pureblood as well?" he said staring me down, I could tell my answer really mattered to him. "Yes as far as I know" I said lying. I know that was probably wrong and will probably backfire but I needed a place to sit and I didnt need to give him a reason to mess with me. We continued talking and eating until breakfast was almost over, it was then that I looked up at the teachers table to find Dumbledore that I locked eyes with a man, he had jet black hair and pale skin, with deep coal black eyes, they almost seemed to look directly into my soul. He had a somber and pissed off look on his face. I got distracted staring at him, he wore all black too, what was he a vampire? No that's silly. I finally snapped back into reality and realized he was staring me down still and quickly turned back to Draco. "Draco, who's that man with the black hair and sad face up there?" I said lightly laughing. "Oh that's Professor Snape the potions Professor" he responded. "Hmm." "Oh and he's the head of Slytherin" this made my eyes go wide. "HE'S the head of our house!" I said shocked looking back at the man once more who was lightly conversing with the teachers next to him, although he looked like he'd rather die than be sitting there. "Yeah he's a real bitter man, but he tends to favor us." Draco said casually. "Interesting" soon all the food disappeared and we were dismissed. "Ok well time for class, you coming what classes do you have?" Draco asked. "Oh well Dumbledore told me to see him after. So i'll find you later.'' I said patting his shoulder and walking up to the teachers table.

Most of the teachers were exiting, except Dumbledore who was waiting for me. He stood next to a girl that was about my height and had a smile on her face with reddish brown wavy shoulder length hair. "Ahh there you are y/n this is Hermione Granger, she's one of my most exceptional students and she will be showing you around and taking you to Hogsmeade to get your things!" Dumbledore said smiling. "Hello y/n" Hermione said, extending her hand to shake mine, I took her hand and returned the gesture. "Hi its nice of you to take the time to do this" I smiled "oh no worries a free break from school is no issue!"she laughed. "Ok well I will let you girls get to it! y/n here is a pouch of galleons I want you to get whatever you need on me! Now run along I will be in my office if you need anything, oh and here is your schedule" he said handing it to me and walking off. Soon we were the last ones leaving and headed out to exit the school. "So what house are you in Hermione are you a Slytherin as well?" I asked as we walked down the hall. "Oh heavens no, I'm in Gryffindor" she responded. "I take it Slytherins don't have the best rep here?" I asked "Oh I didn't mean it like that...but um yeah most of them are pretty...high headed." she said laughing a bit. "Oh interesting."

We finished up at Hogsmeade and I got my uniform and all the books and supplies Hermione said I would need. She was a pretty nice girl and I could see myself being friends with her. We got along well. As we approached the school I looked at my new watch I got at the store and it read 12:15. "What time is lunch?" "It's noon, it already started but I figured we could skip it and I could give you the tour now while everyones in the great hall," she said as we walked past the loud conversations coming from the doors. "Ok sounds good, I also wanted to use the restroom and change into my uniform and robes now so I can look normal ha" I said laughing "Oh ok cool follow me" she took me to the nearest bathroom and I went into the stall and changed as fast as possible, putting on the white button up and tie, I bought a sweater too but I didn't feel like putting that on right now, there was also a choice between green plaid skirt or a plain balck one, and the stylist inside me said to go with the plaid since it was cute. I slipped on the skirt and tucked the shirt in and pulled up the black knee high socks and put my boots on over them. Topping it all off with my robe. I exited the stall and Hermione looked at me smiling, "Perfect you will fit right in" she said. I looked at myself in the mirror, it was definitely a look I'd have to get used to.

"Ok where to next" I asked as we exited the bathroom. "Well let me see your schedule and well base it-" we were cut off as we turned the corner and were confronted by the dark Professor. "What are you two doing? Last I checked it was lunch and everyone was in the great hall." Professor Snape said. He had a very deep velvety voice and he enunciated every word. It felt familiar like I had heard it somewhere. "We were-" Hermione began but he cut her off once more. "Skipping are we?" he said arms folded across his chest. "Ten points from Gryf-" "Actually no" I interrupted before he could finish. He gave me a sharp cold look for doing so and stepped closer about to yell at me for cutting him off. "Headmaster Dumbledore, or should I say my Godfather, sent Hermione and I to Hogsmeade to get my school supplies and show me around Hogwarts." I said smiling politely up at him. He paused for a moment with a look on his face that said he didn't realize who I was and dropped his hands down. "Don't talk back to me, Ms. L/n is it?" I nodded my head, trying to make it seem I wasn't scared of him, even though if I was being honest I was a bit spooked. "Well just because you are part of my house and Albus' goddaughter does not mean you will get special treatment." he said raising his voice a tad. "Of course not, Sir" I said politely, smirking. "Now if you will excuse us Hermione was showing me to my classes." I said grabbing her hand and stepping around him. "Don't get smart with me L/n!" he said as we kept walking. I heard him let out an angry sigh and walk off, I turned to watch him and saw his robe billowing behind him as he left briskly. "Oh. My Gosh. Y/n! You could have gotten us in so much trouble talking to him like that!" Hermione said as we kept walking. "We can't let him know he gets to us or else he will just be more of a pain. Draco warned me but I didn't know he was that cruel."