chapter 63: revelations

a/n so sorry I didn't end up chapter dumping on halloween and now it's 3am on Nov 1 😭 but here are two chapters tonight  

His face turned to one of shock and I heard my mom rush over from the kitchen. He just stared at the picture in my hand and I looked over at my mom who stood in the doorway next to him. "Whats she talking about?" he asked quietly. My mom just froze, swallowing before she spoke, "I.." she held her fragile shaking hand to her chest. "Hun.." he said in a sad but stern tone, "what is she talking about?" he asked a second time. She looked over at me, who was just standing there quietly, waiting for her response, and waiting for her to yell at me. She looked down at the photo in my hand. "Its..its um Connie." she said softly, grabbing the photo. "She wa- is, is.. my firstborn." she stammered out, her voice cracking. I felt a small lump make its way to my throat and I pushed it down, swallowing and blinking hard. "Why didn't you tell me?" Charlie asked, a hint of anger in his voice. He was trying to stay calm and respectful, but this was a big thing to hide from a man you're gonna marry soon. "I dont know." she said going to rest a hand on his chest. He let out a sigh and walked away from her hand and out to the garage. I applauded him for being able to walk out before he got too mad. Unlike my father who had no problem letting it all out to us.

I looked at my mom, still not having spoke a word or so much as made a noise. She locked eyes with me and I could see hers fill with fury. "I wasn't going to li-" she stepped closer and raised a finger at me, "I don't wanna hear it!" she screamed. "Well maybe you need to!" I yelled back. I wasn't afraid of my mother so to speak. Our personalities were just very contrasting. She got it from her mother and it moved down the line. As families do. We all just become watered down versions of our parents and grandparents. "No! I don't wanna hear the excuse for you acting your typical selfish way!" I laughed, "Wow you're calling me selfish! For telling someone about my sister!" she scoffed the vein in her neck popping out. "My daughter! And it wasn't just someone, it was my fiance!" her voice was shaking with the strain from her loud temper. "Exactly! You're gonna marry this man soon and he doesn't even know about half of your family!" she shook her head, "You don't get it! You'll never get it!" she yelled with a red face. "You don't understand what adults sacrifice for others, for their family and for themselves." she said in a disappointed tone. "Oh please. I've made plenty of big girl decisions and sacrifices, mother! I've had to after everything dad has put us through! After what you have put me through!" I yelled, throwing my hands up. "Ok listen!" she moved closer "You can talk about this shit all you want! You can sob about how i've been such a horrible mother right? How I've supplied you everything you need, and a roof over your head? How I gave life to you and your sister? And you're just going to treat me like shit?! Im fucking sick of it Y/N!" she screamed, holding back tears and getting close to my face. "Wow, yes mother of the year right here folks! She gives her kids the bare necessities and then disregards the rest of them! Never caring about their life or who they are! Ignoring them unless they slip up in school then it's "what's wrong with you?" for years until you either find a way to escape and leave or you die!" I yelled back, feeling my own face get hot. I could feel the fire burning in my arm, you couldn't see the veins thanks to the potion Serverus gave me, but they were all over my arms and I even felt them prickling down my back slowly.

She shook her head, pressing her lips in a firm line. In a blink of an eye she'd raised her hand and placed a swift smack to my cheek. I look back at her quickly, my hair in my face. I moved it behind my ear as I stared at her, tears beginning to form on the brim of my eyes. I snatched the photo from her hand and stormed off, "Hey!-" I disregarded her protest, locking myself in my room before she could follow. I quickly waved my hand packing all my stuff up. Wiping my nose as I sniffled. It wasn't the first time an argument got heated and she'd smacked me. It started after Connie died when no one was there to intersect. I heard her try to come in and jiggle the knob. "Y/n open this door now!" she yelled and I ignored it, shrinking my bags and grabbing my wand. "Y/n I mean it let me in!" I heard her leave and then come back with a screwdriver I presumed. I sighed, wiping a stray tear and apparating out of the room. She pushed the door open swiftly but I was already gone.